It’s here!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Wow. That's an interesting saw. Keep us posted.

I could see adding this saw to the herd. I had an MS 660, and an MS 650 that I sold off over the past year. This saw might be a nice addition and fill a little bit of a hole in my lineup.

I'll keep watching on this one.... and check one out at my dealer.

It costs more than my other saws together! Worth it?

Depends on the person and how they'll use it.

Probably not needed for my amount of felling and cutting, but I kind of want one anyway. Would become my new firewood saw. I downsized a lot in the past year or 2, but have liked the 362 C-M I had for a while, and the other newer saws I've worked with. Pretty nifty stuff.

It costs more than my other saws together! Worth it?

The weight of the 362, which to me is the perfect firewood saw, with the power of a 461. It truly seems to me to be the perfect saw for anywhere from a 20” to a 36” bar with the right chains. I take the 362 and either 441 or 461 with me when I cut now.

It’s all about your preference. I can cut two to three times faster with the bigger pro saws than the farm boss saw so it is worth it to me.

Sweet looking saw. I picked up the 362 last year and I’m pretty happy with it. I have a 20” and 25” bar for it. I prefer the 20” for all day cutting.

Sweet looking saw.

Great looking saw! The new m tronic seems to be a very nice option. Keep updates about the saw very interested in how it runs and feels after a day of cutting.

So how did she run?? I would have been in the woods cutting away like a kid on Christmas morning...

I checked with our local dealer, he's not ordering any until the 461's he has sells. He will order them for an individual, just not going to keep them in stock or on the shelf, about $1200 with a 20" bar. So I didn't get to put my hands on one.

I didn't pull the trigger, still a bunch of money for another firewood saw.

Last edited:
I checked with our local dealer, he's not ordering any until the 461's he has sells. He will order them for an individual, just not going to keep them in stock or on the shelf, about $1200 with a 20" bar. So I didn't get to put my hands on one.

I didn't pull the trigger, still a bunch of money for another firewood saw.

Two local dealers have orders in. Supposed to ship in March. I want to try one and decide if I want to replace the 046 with a 462 or a new 461. The 461 is such a tried,true, and proven saw.

They won’t let me run any stock units. Have to wait for district rep on that.

Last edited:
get some video of it in action.