It Begins

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAKSY

Full Time RVer
Staff member
Dec 2, 2008
Wherever we're parked
60 degrees in the house, 30 outside. P61A cleaned & loaded. Bit my tongue & fired it up.
Sitting on 4.5 leftover tons of Cleanfire Softwoods from last winter's mildness.
Here we go...*sigh*

Attachments

• P61A.jpg
    P61A.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
60 degrees in the house, 30 outside. P61A cleaned & loaded. Bit my tongue & fired it up.
Sitting on 4.5 leftover tons of Cleanfire Softwoods from last winter's mildness.
Here we go...*sigh*
How long did you run it until you cried "uncle" (too hot in here!) and shut it down? I can only stand an hour or two tops!

I was a bad stove owner this year. The stove hadn't been cleaned since March. I didn't even bother to close up the pipes for the summer.

It fired right up.

first fire fall 2016.jpg

Ran it for 30 minutes to clear out any insects that may have been hiding in there, and then cleaned it. Waited for the evening darkness to do the leaf blower trick so the neighbors wouldn't see the dust cloud moving past their yards.

Gotta keep good relations with the neighbors.

Just bought the necessary equipment to do the leaf blower trick... probably going to do mine under the cover of darkness too. A friend in Western Mass told me that's how you get rid of an old carpet as well - 55 gallon drum, some gasoline/kero/diesel, and the darkness of night...

Status
Not open for further replies.