"It Burned Up in the Fire"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like everyone, I was down south for a while in my late teens into early 20's, wasn't for me, I need to see and enjoy the seasons, When someone would hear I was from NJ they would paint this picture of concrete jungles with garbage everywhere and smoke stacks blowing soot, I would just tell them that's Newark, go 60 miles west to the hills.

Reactions: Lake Girl

A few weeks later I asked Frank if he ever read that book about wood stoves that I gave him.
He said "No I never got around to reading it. That book burned up in the fire."

A bunch of men were sitting around and one noticed a persistent stench of body odor.
So he spoke up to declare, " Hey,somebody's deodorant is not working too well".

Another man responded, "It can't be mine,I don't wear any".

;)

Why so casual? All I have to go on is what's written. It says all Yankees look down on southerners. I guess I just don't think that's so...

It's true. I met one once who didn't. :)

And I'm an odd mix.. a Jewish redneck Yankee about to become a "washed-ashore."

Seriously...born on Turner AFB in Albany, GA, raised in DC and NY, now living in Boston area, moving to Cape Cod fulltime in June!

I was a Yankee until I moved to Vermont, I have now been demoted to a "flatlander".

I have lived in the South since 2001. People tell me I am too mellow to be a Yankee. Not a bad thing, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.