It can't be just me...Who else's heart races at every opportunity for more wood!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GS7

Dec 14, 2012
Connecticut
C'mon admit it, Do any of you display physical symptoms of wood addiction? ;lol

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 190
You have compulsive, obsessive wood disorder.Just recently identified as having large stacks of wood piled up in every available space.Those owning Outdoor Wood heaters actually need that much wood for 1 season. The good news is, its not harmful and it allows you to heat your house at low cost.
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GS7
You have compulsive, obsessive wood disorder.Just recently identified as having large stacks of wood piled up in every available space.Those owning Outdoor Wood heaters actually need that much wood for 1 season. The good news is, its not harmful and it allows you to heat your house at low cost.
;)

Wow:eek: that's a lot of wood to go through for 1 heating season

Wow:eek: that's a lot of wood to go through for 1 heating season
I have friend with one of those wood disappearing machines. Wood pile half the size of his house. Claims,thats all i need for the whole winter! One of his problems is he dont season his wood,dont even cut it from logs until he bales it into the stove. Burns stumps and all. The fire box in that beast looks between 2 and 3 Ft square. I tried to educate him in the finer points of wood heat and dry wood to no avail. looked at me funny when i told him his wood pile is at least 6 year supply for me.But only of its cut ,stacked and dry.

C'mon admit it, Do any of you display physical symptoms of wood addiction? ;lol

Since I have been working with wood for over 10 years now I can't say I have the wood "addiction" (feeling) I used to have back in the earlier days of C/S/S.
It's actually worse, I have found I enjoy smelling the splits after they are coming off the splitter or splitting block more. 2 years ago I got my first taste (or smell)
of black cherry, very nice smelling wood, it even gives off some nice aromas in the stove too. Typically it's white & red oak, maple, birch and ash here, kind of
used the those smells. looking forward to something new (to me) soon.

I guess theres no law against smellin your own wood! I wouldn't try this with the neighbors wood though.
:p

nope, I smell my own wood :)
my wife thinks I'm nuts when she catches me whiffing

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Maybe you should try smellin her for awhile.........I know mine smells a lot better than the woodpile.
()

Maybe you should try smellin her for awhile.........I know mine smells a lot better than the woodpile.
()
I have to agree with you there but If I have to be outside in the stacks working, and I have a thing for the smell of split wood....I'm gonna enjoy that too.
I even have a thing in the fall when the leaves fall, the odor the leaves give off as they begin the decomp process. :)

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
The wife just loves the smell of smoked/barbequed food,if i could get some cologne that smells like i was cooked on a grill she would be all over me. As far as the leaves , yea compost smells pretty good..........I think this thread has drifted off course.

Lol THE best treatment I've found is ever more wood, a sharp chainsaw, a powerful log splitter...and a hot fire on those cold days and nights!
You forgot a soda with the suds on top.

so does running the saw just to smell the 2cycle oil and low lead gas mean anything?
I have this friend...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with weird habits. I love the smell of burning wood in the cold air and the smell of 2 cycle exhaust. Good times.
I've been splitting mostly Ash this year, and the smell of a freshly cut heart wood smells like a smoker to me. It makes me hungry.... for more!

My name is Chris and I have very bad cases of CAD and FAD, Recently picked up a Stilh 075 (111cc) haven't had a chance to stick it in anything yet. So there was a CL ad i ran across yesterday, log length cords 3 min. 75/ea. hardwood delivered in my area. Like I need more wood, but my saws are feeling unloved, and I don't want that 075 to pine away. I am going call to check it out today. Just got to find somewhere to put it, space is at a premium right now. As need to leaves areas open for the white stuff.

My name is Chris and I have very bad cases of CAD and FAD, Recently picked up a Stilh 075 (111cc) haven't had a chance to stick it in anything yet. So there was a CL ad i ran across yesterday, log length cords 3 min. 75/ea. hardwood delivered in my area. Like I need more wood, but my saws are feeling unloved, and I don't want that 075 to pine away. I am going call to check it out today. Just got to find somewhere to put it, space is at a premium right now. As need to leaves areas open for the white stuff.
You know your gonna do it

Yes I did call this morning, I did not order yet, as I got to figure where to put 3 cord log length. Ground to soft to run skid steer at home, if he were to off load at street . Don't want tie up drive ( heck I just got it all cleared out for winter) and I still have 6 or 7 cords (css)here at shop so currently out of space, again its the winter white stuff that I have to deal with, can't go tying up a 1/3 of the parking lot, landlord and other tenants will get ticked. Oh ,and I am the one who plows it so I do not particularly want to inadvertently put an 8" log through my V-plow. ( see I am a wake right now and can use those multiple syllable words )

I pass the brush lot on the way to my shop, if I stop more work follows, if I don't I start to get shaky and break into a light sweat.

Last edited:
I pass the brush lot on the way to my shop, if I stop more work follows, if I don't I start it get shaky and break into a light sweat.
Yep FAD

This local one from craigslist today got my heart racing a little bit!

The $100 would certainly cover the U-Haul for the afternoon.
These guys will even load your truck for you.

---

free firewood!!now (huntington)
###### ---nice free oak all cut uo to stove and fireplace length ---anyone with a a big truck and can take it all 100 dollars to you

Status
Not open for further replies.