It finally happened (broke the splitter)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyAndy

Feb 29, 2008
Chateaugay, NY
So I dont own a splitter, I borrow a buddies. After splitting 20 cord between last year and this year, it finally happened. I was out splitting last night and it started to rain. I was hustling to get it covered when I tripped and fell right into the air filter/carb assembly, cracking the carb right at the base.

This is an older tecumsah engine, not sure of exact model or year but do you guys think it might be easy to find a replacement carb for it?

EBAY!!!!

CowboyAndy said:
So I dont own a splitter, I borrow a buddies. After splitting 20 cord between last year and this year, it finally happened. I was out splitting last night and it started to rain. I was hustling to get it covered when I tripped and fell right into the air filter/carb assembly, cracking the carb right at the base.

This is an older tecumsah engine, not sure of exact model or year but do you guys think it might be easy to find a replacement carb for it?
never herd that one before, part out as much of it as possible the carb cant be that much

If it's that old and you can't find the right model carb, but run into a lot of old style splitters for parts on craigs or ebay or even locally, don't overlook replacing the the whole engine with its original carb. You might even get the used engine for less than the price of a new carb!

Ted

Burn Responsibly
www.woodhomeheating.com

Deja-vu. A few years ago a round rolled down hill and hit right on the end of the Briggs carb on my splitter and broke it off in the same place.

Yeah that's an easy fix Andy should be no problem to replace that. Good thing you weren't hurt.

I'd start by searching that engine real well for a tag, even pull the recoil cover off, and do an online search to educate yourself on what you are looking for.

There is quite a few small engine parts outlets and forums online, but you need more information on that engine,

good luck in your search, I'm sure you will be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.