It has begun; have taken the plunge!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garyh

Jan 19, 2009
Central MI
It started today; the tile is being laid today the stove and pipe were delivered yesterday (Woodstock Keystone) should have ignition within a week to start to enjoy the rewards that mother nature provides in warmth. Will provide photo's of completed project.

Don't wait until it's finished. Let's see some progress pics!

Congratulations on the new stove. I too will be looking for pictures.

Shady Acres said:
It started today; the tile is being laid today the stove and pipe were delivered yesterday (Woodstock Keystone) should have ignition within a week to start to enjoy the rewards that mother nature provides in warmth. Will provide photo's of completed project.

No, No, No. This will not do.
Not only should you provide ongoing install pics, but a running commentary is called for also.
I'm calling for a vote. All in favor of new installs requiring pics AND running commentary.....yay. No dissenting votes allowed. So ordered, All new installs require pics AND running commentary. :coolsmile:

Dave

Patience please

Shady Acres said:
Patience please

Geez,
Well, Ok.
I hope all went well yesterday for you and the installers.

Edit: My impatience has me confusing your install with another. After re-reading your OP, I see the tile is being worked on, and I know that takes some time (days). In process pics would be nice, though. Dang it, there I go again. Patience, Dave, patience. :cheese:

Dave

Here are some updates; pictures attached.

Or not.... You tease us.

Sorry am computer challenged and cannot get pictures to upload.

Hit preview first after you browse and find them, then post.

Shady Acres said:
Sorry am computer challenged and cannot get pictures to upload.

Easy way is to use Photobucket to upload the pictures. Then copy the properties and paste in here.

While we wait for the photos...

So what advantages does the keystone offer over the fireview. I see the vertical exhaust as a benefit, I see the larger glass, but then the negatives are the ash pan (yes a negative), much more difficult cat access, and the lower burn times. Both of these stoves have low low output settings which is great.

What are the relative firebox volumes? For some reason WS doesn't like to post this volume.

I post photos right to the site. Easy peasy, just load them one at a time after making sure they are small enough to not exceed the size limits. The first photo upload is super easy.

Make sure you resize the pics.

Attachments

• popcorn.gif
    popcorn.gif
    7.3 KB · Views: 360
Been very busy and not had time to work with the photos; soon. The wife liked the looks over the fireview, and the size works for us.

Well I have finally attached some photos, should have the first fire tomorrow, so we can cure the paint; then get ready to enjoy Mother Nature's natural fuel system.
Thanks for everyone's input in the process.

Attachments

• IMG_1841[1].jpg
    IMG_1841[1].jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 282
Shady Acres said:
Well I have finally attached some photos, should have the first fire tomorrow, so we can cure the paint; then get ready to enjoy Mother Nature's natural fuel system.
Thanks for everyone's input in the process.

Dude!
You installed it on the wall! With the flue going into the basement!
What were you thinking? %-P

Really though, nice setup, and enjoy!

Dave

We are trying to heat the basement with this. It is a set up not seen very oftern except for here in Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.