It pays to ask...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't it amazing what happens when you ask. Great job, great score.

Nice - Love that valley locust!
If you want, I'll bring the huskee down this summer and help ya split that stuff up - so getcha a big pile!

Thanks for the offer, but I still love the hand splitting too much - less side effects than xanax, too! Feel free to give a call or stop in if you're ever in the area again, though.

Reactions: osagebow
Why is it that you can't get a vehicle down there? Just too muddy? No access? Or did they just ask you not to?

That locust will be nice to split too. Good score. Oh and nice stove you have too.;)
16" and 17" pieces for sure.

Nice - Love that valley locust!
If you want, I'll bring the huskee down this summer and help ya split that stuff up - so getcha a big pile!
Locust seems to like valley, the only locust Ive seen in my area has always been in the Connecticut River Valley, havent seen one in my town, I have to drive 40 miles to see a locust, Ive been lucky to have been doing work out that way and scored some.

We can work something out if you like - that 3 year old oak you gave me last year burned pretty well, too!

I'm back out to haul 2 more loads that I wheel-barrowed out after dark last night. Yes, it is 4:30 am.

No you worked too hard for that locust! You keep and enjoy! I'm going to find time to help you split that stuff though. We'll take a day one weekend and do some damage - hopefully only to the wood!

Reactions: ailanthus
Why is it that you can't get a vehicle down there? Just too muddy? No access? Or did they just ask you not to?
It's mostly because of the terrain and the mud. Plus, I'm using a mini-van and trailer to haul with so I wouldn't have even attempted to get closer to it. The wheelbarrow was actually a breeze when the ground was frozen.

That locust will be nice to split too. Good score. Oh and nice stove you have too. 16" and 17" pieces for sure.
Everything is incredibly straight & should be fun to split. I usually cut with an 18" bar and kind of use that to measure. I shoot for 18" and if I'm off by 2" either way it'll still fit. I am loving the castine - hope you are too!

I'm going to find time to help you split that stuff though. We'll take a day one weekend and do some damage - hopefully only to the wood!
I'll take you up on that for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.