It Pays To Ask............

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle19

Jun 17, 2010
Rockland County, NY
As I stopped by my parents house the other day there was a tree service cutting down 2 rather large trees. I was going to pass by but then my wood addiction got the best of me and I stopped to ask him what he was going to do with the wood. Within one hour this giant pile was on my driveway and that's my son doing the "Happy Free Firewood Surfing Dance" one one of the rounds. I thought it was oak but wasn't positive (no leaves), until I started splitting it up. My dog is quite the supervisor. If I could only get him to do some stacking.

Attachments

• IMG-20120205-00032.jpg
    IMG-20120205-00032.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 402
  • red oak-shamus.jpg
    red oak-shamus.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 387
I stop on a big ash score 1/2 mile from my house. The old lady says they will let it go for a 1000.00 a truck load!

Seeing a few of these stories about tree services & free wood.
Great scores.
If you get a few scores like that, you'll need the splitter soon :)

Great score Kyle. Sounds like you did much better than Jay did.

smokinjay said:
I stop on a big ash score 1/2 mile from my house. The old lady says they will let it go for a 1000.00 a truck load!
wow sounds like she's the one 'smokin' something Jay!!

Nice when your next door neighbor cuts down an oak tree and it's right next to your driveway...to bad the rounds weren't perfectly round or I could have rolled them down the driveway!

Status
Not open for further replies.