It pays to talk about firewood all the time!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webby3650

Master of Fire
Sep 2, 2008
Indiana
A guy that I did some repairs for a while back called me up to see if I wanted to clean this up for him. I did a little work for him a few years ago, and he remembered me talking about burning wood. Should be about a cord of cherry! It was standing dead, and it pegged my meter. I'll have to show this to my grandpa! Like most, he thinks that if it's dead, it's ready to burn.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    436.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    492.3 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    476.8 KB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 173
Get ti split and it won't stay wet for long....

Pure cherry stacks look awesome. They go from tan, to red, to black. ;lol

Reactions: Woody Stover
Nice score, I love cheery

Oooo, that's a nice one! :cool:

That is great he remembered you. It also speaks for your worksmanship. If you did bad he would have remembered you for sure but would not have called you. Or at least you would not have liked what he called you! And that is a nice size for a cherry tree.

Reactions: webby3650
I did some more cutting and splitting on the cherry today. I got a new, more aggressive chain for the saw, paired with the fiskars, I made short work of it! Great weather today too! The high was around 75!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 69
Love that cherry, easy to split, burns good, and smells great!

I need to talk about it more, one of my coworkers forgot about me and gave a "huge tree" to the city to dispose of.

Nice Webby. Nice straight run there for rounds.

I did some more cutting and splitting on the cherry today. I got a new, more aggressive chain for the saw, paired with the fiskars, I made short work of it! Great weather today too! The high was around 75!

And we had a high of 65 today. It got me out to stack a little bit of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.