It took years of training...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

legrandice

Burning Hunk
Oct 5, 2006
South Hadley, MA
But I finally got the cat to the point where he can handle the stove by himself. Here he is after a reload waiting to turn down the air. So proud of the little guy.
uploadfromtaptalk1392514296428.jpg

;lol;lol;lol

Moving to the Inglenook to share it with more members.

I could never get mine out of their seats. They kept asking me to bring them snacks and drinks. :rolleyes:

shopcats.jpg

A few years ago I decided to put fireplace screens around the wood stove.

You might think I did it because of the kids, but in reality, I was sick of waking up in the morning and wondering if I drank more than I thought I did, or if the cat was the one over-adjusting the wood stove.

Long story short, our cat truly was rubbing against the woodstove's air control and turning it down in the night..... Now I need to find a way to prove that she's drinking my booze too.

pen

Last edited:

You might think I did it because of the kids, but in reality, I got sick waking up in the morning and wondering if I drank more than I thought I did, or if the cat was the one over-adjusting the wood stove.

Long story short, our cat truly was rubbing against the woodstove's air control and turning it down in the night..... Now I need to find a way to prove that she's drinking my booze too.

pen

Mark the bottles.

;)

Reactions: WiscWoody

You might think I did it because of the kids, but in reality, I was sick of waking up in the morning and wondering if I drank more than I thought I did, or if the cat was the one over-adjusting the wood stove.

pen

That's Awesome! Glad you can have a few drinks without worrying about your behavior now!

Last edited by a moderator:
That's Awesome! Glad you can have a few drinks without worrying about your behavior now!

I figure others must have had their pets adjust the stove for them.

In reality, what happened was she had a few teeth going bad (she's somewhere between '15' and 'infinity' years old) and we figure she was rubbing her face on the air control as they were bothering her. Once we figured out she had a problem and I dropped enough change to buy 100 other cats on her antique rear, the stove adjustments stopped.

Still not convinced she's staying out of my booze tho! With extra toes, I'm pretty sure she can open bottles. In particular, the blackberry brandy seems to be getting hit pretty hard. Thanks for the suggestion @Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle but the old girl has better penmanship than I have :p

Reactions: Dix
Our guy can't be relied on. He's liable to fall asleep on the job.
evyte9en.jpg

Reactions: boomhour
Some good posts here. I put the IR thermometer on the head of our cat and it read 115 degrees which explains why she is not that smart.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
Some good posts here. I put the IR thermometer on the head of our cat and it read 115 degrees which explains why she is not that smart.
Yikes! Thats a warm cat for sure. Mine will sit on that stool, turning once in a while until he is ready to combust. Then he moves back to a chair across from the fire and sacks out. My wife does the same. Rough life.

Status
Not open for further replies.