It was the kid and the log

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

r_d_gard

Nov 9, 2009
Maryland - USA
www.cff.org
Hey Folks

VC Encore 2550 (the CAT one).

The Kid:
My rambunctious 6 year old was dancing around the stove (unlit) the other day with the door opener in his hand (you know the one, opens the front door on the Encore is made of ceramic with a steel shaft) and he dropped it fair and square on the stone hearth. The ceramic handle of the door opener shattered into a hundred pieces.

The Log:
Saturday Night I was attempting to muscle a rather dandy size log in through the front door of the Encore and the log couldn't quite squeeze through the door. So I was nudging it through the opening with my gloved hand when the Andiron gave up and snapped off (you would think cast iron would be stronger).

Anyway, can I buy this replacement stuff online for a VC Stove? I have gone through my local dealer to get some other things but they are as slow as a wet week walking backwards and it took months last time. Does anyone know of someone who is faster, maybe online and ships these things?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ray

seems as if the andiron was a bit vulnerable, and fairly hot being in the fire and said NO when u pushed the monster log in.

I've looked at a lot of VC stoves in the last few years, online ads and such. Many of them had one or both andirons missing. Mine didn't have any at all when I bought it! Must be a common problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.