It Won't Be Long!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

subsailor

Minister of Fire
Dec 8, 2011
Winthrop, Maine
Temps supposed to drop into the 40's tonight. Good thing the stove is unplugged.

Mid 50's here tonight. No heat needed - yet.

Hopefully won't need to start until at least October.

I checked my game camera at my cabin up north it was 32::F twice in the last 2 weeks. Then it almost hit 90::F in the afternoon each day. But, yes, winter is sneaking in from the north.

Temps supposed to drop into the 40's tonight. Good thing the stove is unplugged.

And good thing I took the termination nozzle off mine. Otherwise I would have fired her up this morning because we left the windows open last night.

The air is fairly crisp. Dew on everything. Good day to attempt some yard work. Don't want to fire the stove up until the house is too cool. It won't be the calendar that tells me when it is ok to light it up.
We drove up to the Canadian boarder last weekend. We saw a lot of leaf tips turning color. These were on the regular trees, not just the ones in swampy area that are always the first to turn. We have had a lot of leaf drop in our driveway. Yes, it on its way, but, please, let's not rush it!

46.6 here last night..windows still open....nice sleeping weather...

We've had a couple upper 30's at night here already ... but during the day still nice and warm/hot...

Status
Not open for further replies.