It's 49 deg this morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN644

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2007
Maine
And I left all the windows open last night. It didn't take my new P43 long to get up to 70 inside. This is good new stove break in weather.

49 here in Western Maine as well.
I was getting tired of the high humidity!!
This air is refreshing!!

I will have to do final cleaning ASAP!!
I hate to say this but......I am looking forward to running the stove again!!
Anxious to see how the new pellets will burn.

Enjoy the non-OPEC heat!!

Mid 40's here as well.... time to finish up my vent kit install!

lessoil said:
49 here in Western Maine as well.
I was getting tired of the high humidity!!
This air is refreshing!!

I will have to do final cleaning ASAP!!
I hate to say this but......I am looking forward to running the stove again!!
Anxious to see how the new pellets will burn.

Enjoy the non-OPEC heat!!
I have to agree the nice crisp air is refreshing,cant wait for it to stick around.

Most mornings are in the 60's here. day's are in the 80'a nad 90's.

Stove is all set to go and I can't wait to turn up the stat and watch the flames.

I'd better round up the rest of my pellets soon. Looks like we may have an early winter!(I'm hoping)

jay

I feel the same way!

I was watching the weather forecast on the news while visiting my parents and told them I couldnt wait
until the cooler air came and I could fire up the stove. They look at me like I has 3 heads!

i guess its our little secret!

I think winter will be early this year. My overnight lows in August so far, (5) in 40's (3) in the 20's and (19) in the 30's. Will be picking up my ton of Rocky Mountain pellets next week, but I normally don't start burning until October. This year it may be a little earlier.

Killing off the skeeters and loosing that humidity is always a good thing.
We have been in the low 50's which is great for fishing.You guys out east got some cooler weather than we do.
Won't be long until my StrikeMaster auger is boring holes in the ice!

CrappieKeith said:
Killing off the skeeters and loosing that humidity is always a good thing.

Those are the ONLY good things about winter....PERIOD!

Friday morning, 38 degrees. Burr! Fired up the stove. I had been running it at times right into July, Our summer, (what summer?) Feeling sort of deprived about no real summer. Most of the gardens lost to the rain, bugs, mildew, etc. But glad to have my garage loaded up with pellets, and our oil tank full. Only good thing about the cooler weather is the our home is more comfortable without the humidity, and there should be fewer bugs. Bugs have been no small problem. Wife was in the hospital and slow to recover from complications of mosquito bites. So, in my own selfish way, I am sort of glad to see this fake summer go away. I'll be better off, and perhaps more comfortable! Love those quite evenings by the warm stove and reading the forum.

You guys that are wishing for winter are just plain CRAZY! LOL :lol:
Mike -

winterfinger.gif

save$ said:
Friday morning, 38 degrees. Burr! Fired up the stove. I had been running it at times right into July, Our summer, (what summer?) Feeling sort of deprived about no real summer. Most of the gardens lost to the rain, bugs, mildew, etc. But glad to have my garage loaded up with pellets, and our oil tank full. Only good thing about the cooler weather is the our home is more comfortable without the humidity, and there should be fewer bugs. Bugs have been no small problem. Wife was in the hospital and slow to recover from complications of mosquito bites. So, in my own selfish way, I am sort of glad to see this fake summer go away. I'll be better off, and perhaps more comfortable! Love those quite evenings by the warm stove and reading the forum.

39 here this morning also.
House temp was at 70 so did not start the stove.

Hope your Wife is feeling better.
The bugs sure were thick the month of Summer!
Enjoy the stove/heat!
Hopefully next Summer will be better.

Dr_Drum said:
You guys that are wishing for winter are just plain CRAZY! LOL :lol:
Mike -

winterfinger.gif

Dr Drum,
Nice PIC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.