It's a bit cold here for a change.Final getting to

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bokehman

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2007
Spain
It's a bit cold here so got a chance to let the stove stretch its legs for the first time in a couple of years. 8 splits north/south at the front. 2 big heavy long ones east/west behind them. And one long one east/west above the secondary baffle at the front.

Attachments

• IMAG0086.jpg
    IMAG0086.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 236
good looking stove! I read that Europe is getting some crazy cold temps as of late. good luck

bokehman said:
It's a bit cold here so got a chance to let the stove stretch its legs for the first time in a couple of years. 8 splits north/south at the front. 2 big heavy long ones east/west behind them. And one long one east/west above the secondary baffle at the front.
Yeah I hear your region is getting quite the cold snap this season. What kind of temperatures are you having over there in Spain? Also what species of wood do you burn? Stay warm and safe!

What's you're normal temps there? Do you usually just light smaller fires?

How well is the stove heating up the house? I would not put that last E/W split above the secondaries. You will get less heat and poorer combustion there. It's a waste of fuel IMO. What species wood are you burning?

Well not so cold here compared to the rest of Europe. Where I live is the "South California" of Europe, desert and hot and sunny all year round. Wood is Holme Oak. It comes from a natural park in the mountains where they cut channels through the forest to stop forest fires spreading in the summer. It just above freezing at the moment and all rooms in the house are around 75º, a bit warmer in the fire room. About 1000ft total. Normally one small fire a day (in the late afternoon) is enough to keep us warm.

Sounds perfect. I have a friend that just got back yesterday from a tour of Spain. He loved it.

bokehman, it has been a long time since I've read one of your posts. Good to see you back. We too have read about the cold and snow over there but figured you might be spared. Soon you'll be feeling more heat outdoors as Spring is not far away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.