It's a sad day.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 177224

Yay!

Of course I have to turn it down soon as it's already 75 in here, but yay for now!

Edit: Turned it down. That's pretty too, when the wood has stopped flaming, but all the gasses are still burning in the firebox.
What stove are you running?;?

Reactions: Woody Stover
Can you run that T6 very long at 750 plus, SST?
I usually turn on the blower, but have gotten some sustained high temp runs with a pure locust fire. Hardwood is scarcer out here and the weather rarely gets very cold, so not that much experimenting, but on a good run it will hold 650+ for a few hours before starting to slowly decline.

Reactions: CenterTree
What stove are you running?;?

It's a BK Princess insert. I've kept it burning in spite of the warm weather, so I only get pretty flames once a day at bedtime. I have a small pile of wood with carpenter ants in it and the Princess is in charge of fumigating it before summer! ;)

When I shut down the air on a fresh load, the wood and the ants do a lot of unhappy offgassing and there's a lot of floaty flame in the firebox.

Reactions: CenterTree
Those floaty flames are beautiful to watch. In my previous stove floaty "ghost" flames meant backpuffing was imminent.

Our house is built into the mountainside so only the front and roof are exposed above ground. If it is in the 50's or above and sunny at all during the day, the house will get up to mid 70's or warmer by itself with no heating device. Even if it gets down into the 40's overnight, I'll wake up and the house will still be at 66-68 in the morning. By this point in the year I am done burning except for the occasional cool, cloudy day with an overnight in the 30's type of situation. That will necessitate a single firing of the stove at around 7-8pm.

This is tonight's load. 46 outside now but heading down to the upper 20s here tonight. I still have a ways to go with having nightly fires. Usually by this time of the year I'M ready to be done but mother nature has other ideas.
IMG_0641 (800x600).jpg

Tonight will be my last night burning for the year. This was my first year burning and I can proudly say i kept the house warm and the furnace never ran once all winter. I wouldn't have been able to do it without everyone's help in answering all my noob questions. But I will start running the furnace tomorrow. I am building a new garage and my propane tank is in the way. I can't have it moved until it's down to 5%. So I'm sad to say i gotta use my furnace to use up some propane. Can't say enough about my blazeking ashford 30. Thanks again.

I had to move my propane tank last year for a new driveway. My propane dealer said it would cost me $260.00 I called around the different propane companies and found one that would do everything for free if I dug the ditch for the new line. That was including the new line and all the install, they came out and installed a temporary tank while I did the dirt work for the driveway, new pad for the new tank, new tank, transferring my propane from the old tank to the new tank, and giving me 2 refills at a guaranteed low price. I tried to give my existing company a chance to keep my biz but the best they could do was charge me $200 for the move. All on a month to month with no contract. I forgot it did cost me a couple 12 packs but I drank half of them. Small towns are awesome. I also like the new guys much better. Might be worth it to check around a little.

I had to move my propane tank last year for a new driveway. My propane dealer said it would cost me $260.00 I called around the different propane companies and found one that would do everything for free if I dug the ditch for the new line. That was including the new line and all the install, they came out and installed a temporary tank while I did the dirt work for the driveway, new pad for the new tank, new tank, transferring my propane from the old tank to the new tank, and giving me 2 refills at a guaranteed low price. I tried to give my existing company a chance to keep my biz but the best they could do was charge me $200 for the move. All on a month to month with no contract. I forgot it did cost me a couple 12 packs but I drank half of them. Small towns are awesome. I also like the new guys much better. Might be worth it to check around a little.
This is kinda what I ended up doing. I'm going with a new company that will do all the work for $200 dollars. First fill is 50% off price. Then locked in for a year at $1.49. My company wants like $600 to do it .

I just ran mine to dry out the house. Had the interior painted Thursday and Friday and they used 18 gallons of paint. That's a lot of moisture.

Status
Not open for further replies.