Its all got to go! 2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smokin are you suppose to get hit by this storm and if so any ice.

Zap

zapny said:

Zap

Lots of ice already calling for heavy power outage.

cptoneleg said:
zapny said:
Smokin, it looks like you guys kicked some ass today but who dropped the tree on the splitter? :coolgrin:

They were probably trying to put the tree close to the tools; u think ;-)

Zap

Yes we where....The ground was like being in a bowl. Only one way and out.

[quote author="smokinjay" date="1296452600"][quote author="zapny" date="1296452511"]Smokin are you suppose to get hit by this storm and if so any ice.

Snow I'll deal with but the ice sucks. Should I ask if your chains are sharp.

Zap

we were aiming for left of a tree stump and right of the splitter. Just got the splitter with a few of the top very thin branches. The trees were very tall. Lol

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:

Snow I'll deal with but the ice sucks. Should I ask if your chains are sharp.

Zap

Yea I am ready there got some of the Oregon's off lee Great chains and no better wood to run them on than locust and hedge. There calling for an inch of ice. Thats going to be major!

Well done smokin, new crew everyone got a load and no one got hurt.

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
May wanna try out some awesome ice-melter

I'd suggest an edit, I'm sure plenty of people view this site from work.

rdust said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
May wanna try out some awesome ice-melter

I'd suggest an edit, I'm sure plenty of people view this site from work.

Not to mention the kids might stumble upon it.

yeah and you'll have to pay me royalties to use that pic :lol:

Note that we DO want to keep workplace / kid safe - the Ice melter shot was not, so it has been removed. Please don't repost!

Gooserider

MMaul said:
we were aiming for left of a tree stump and right of the splitter. Just got the splitter with a few of the top very thin branches. The trees were very tall. Lol

Moving that splitter was not much of an option. 6 tree's over the 100 ft range and everyone still has power lol wait till we get this 2 inchs of ice. (update on weather 2-1/2 inchs of ice)

SolarAndWood said:
Well done smokin, new crew everyone got a load and no one got hurt.

Thanks solor some of the best firewood I have seen. Didnt even put dent in it. If the 4x4 could make the hill things will speed up.

yeah the 4x4 had a really hard time with the hill and the snow. Luckily we were able to get everyone out.

MMaul said:
yeah the 4x4 had a really hard time with the hill and the snow. Luckily we were able to get everyone out.

Nothing like backing a trailer down a ditch (full of snow) just to get on to a nice hill (full of snow). An an 880 just to drop a fence line...Priceless!

Smokin did someone put video up yet?

Zap

Working on it youtube has to view it. then I will post a link.

zapny said:
Smokin did someone put video up yet?

Zap

At this point no one can handle the splitter getting coverd up! If they see a tree felling it could get ugly.....lol

MMaul said:

MMaul thanks and I'm looking forward to viewing it.

Zap

zapny said:
MMaul said:

MMaul thanks and I'm looking forward to viewing it.

Zap

LOL It is the splitter shot I believe!

Like MMaul said the tree got longer on the way down. :vampire:

Zap

No its the last one, looks alot better at the end. Didnt come close to the splitter fell right were we wanted it. You can even hear J yelling that I was to high in the back cut, but it fell perfectly. its also were I hit my chaps but from the video I could tell were I even did it.

zapny said:
Like MMaul said the tree got longer on the way down. :vampire:

Zap

We where splitting hairs out there....At about 50ft he was only 2 ft off...lol

MMaul said:
Like MMaul said the tree got longer on the way down.

Zap

Doesn't it always. :)

LOL, NO And I think you already know what went wrong. Thats what counts! I have a still shot that tells the story. Hang in the pocket just a little long on that locust its not going to come down very quick. The stumps are looking good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.