Its all got to go!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana

It all must go not sure if we can get it out of there but where droping the whole place. Triyng Some new chains that I have never use before....Hope your right Lee?

Attachments

• wood lot.jpg
    wood lot.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,055
  • wood lot2.jpg
    wood lot2.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 1,040
How far are you going? There are a lot of trees in that first pic.

SolarAndWood said:
How far are you going? There are a lot of trees in that first pic.

Leveling the whole place.

How much land area is that roughly?

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

2 acer's

Niiiiice. :coolsmile: What ya got in there? I'm guessing white oak,honey locust maybe beech for starters.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

2 acer's

Niiiiice. :coolsmile: What ya got in there? I'm guessing white oak,honey locust maybe beech for starters.

Close all ash and locust

smokinjay said:

It all must go not sure if we can get it out of there but where droping the whole place. Triyng Some new chains that I have never use before....Hope your right Lee?

Smokin, looks like a great place to cut, what type of wood is it? What are the new chains?

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:

Smokin, looks like a great place to cut, what type of wood is it? What are the new chains?

Zap

ash and locust...Lee got me running some oregon chain that he uses.

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

2 acer's

Close all ash and locust

you lucky dawg you lol

Hey there is 3 other members that will be in on the harvest.....Any others that need fire wood chime in. Dont think we can move it out of this bottom land now. Unless some one has a small 4x4 I have a wench back-up lol....MMaul has a 4x4 suburan will give it a shot but pretty heavy.

Wish we live closer we match up on life style well lol 2 mills rolling and some one on an edger Priceless!

smokinjay said:
Unless some one has a small 4x4 I have a wench back-up lol....MMaul has a 4x4 suburan will give it a shot but pretty heavy.

Maybe Lee will let you test drive that JD in his banner ad.

SolarAndWood said:
smokinjay said:
Unless some one has a small 4x4 I have a wench back-up lol....MMaul has a 4x4 suburan will give it a shot but pretty heavy.

Maybe Lee will let you test drive that JD in his banner ad.

Lee not that cool....See if that logger chain worth the effort. Will have Video with 2 feller droping at one time. See if MMAUL can hang in the pocket?

I can load the small tractor and splitter on the trailer with a couple saws and we can go after it. LOL

Naandme said:
I can load the small tractor and splitter on the trailer with a couple saws and we can go after it. LOL

You got it we will be just off hi way 3 and 950 south of muncie. Right now I have 6 people going and Love to have you and the tractor?

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle" date="1296113054 said:

2 acer's

Close all ash and locust

you lucky dawg you lol

Hey there is 3 other members that will be in on the harvest.....Any others that need fire wood chime in. Dont think we can move it out of this bottom land now. Unless some one has a small 4x4 I have a wench back-up lol....MMaul has a 4x4 suburan will give it a shot but pretty heavy.

Wish we live closer we match up on life style well lol 2 mills rolling and some one on an edger Priceless!

You got it bro! That does sound like a great time.We could shoot the sh*t,enjoy the fresh air,get some nice wood & and a day in the woods.Guessing I'm easily 7-800 miles from you,maybe a bit more.Even if I loaded the pickup with the gear,packed a carryon bag with 2 days of clothes sprung for hotel & food (I'm not real big but have a HUGE appetite in wintertime haha),unless I won LOTTO right fast its kinda impractical.Be great if that would happen though. :coolsmile:

A working vacation,you could call it...

Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay said:
Thistle said:
smokinjay" date="1296113137 said:
Thistle" date="1296113054 said:

2 acer's

Close all ash and locust

you lucky dawg you lol

You get here and I will take care of the rest!

You got it bro! That does sound like a great time.We could shoot the sh*t,enjoy the fresh air,get some nice wood & and a day in the woods.Guessing I'm easily 7-800 miles from you,maybe a bit more.Even if I loaded the pickup with the gear,packed a carryon bag with 2 days of clothes sprung for hotel & food (I'm not real big but have a HUGE appetite in wintertime haha),unless I won LOTTO right fast its kinda impractical.Be great if that would happen though. :coolsmile:

A working vacation,you could call it...

You get here I will take care of the rest..I hear you about eating like a horse in this cold weather!

Let me know when you guys are cutting!! Hope its Saturday!

Naandme said:
Let me know when you guys are cutting!! Hope its Saturday!

Sunday 9 am sharp! Hard to put it all together on a Saturday. If you go I bet we can Pop on 10 cords or better.

Ok I will check I may have a commentmient but I will try to get out of that to cut wood!

Naandme said:
Ok I will check I may have a commentmient but I will try to get out of that to cut wood!

I think it would be a great time......video of the tree's felling lots of great firewood....Whats not to love here....hoiser hoe down! lol

Pics or video,OK guys? We cant be there in person but will be there in spirit so to speak. :coolsmile:

Thistle said:
Pics or video,OK guys? We cant be there in person but will be there in spirit so to speak. :coolsmile:

Oh Yea there going to be alot of both...I live for this stuff too pic's or it never happened.lol I am visual as well. :coolsmile:

smokinjay said:
Thistle said:

Oh Yea there going to be alot of both...I live for this stuff too pic's or it never happened.lol I am visual as well. :coolsmile:

I didnt get serious with taking pics until I got my digital in March 04.Never thought about it all those years ago.Had a couple cheap regular cameras & would borrow someone's good 35mm on occasion.I do have 5 pics of wood stacks,1 of shed & 1 of me at parents acreage next to it all just after my 18th birthday.wow that seems so long ago now lol You always wonder about the 'missed opportunities' of things you didnt snap a photo of.Now my camera is in the truck whenever I leave the house.Always seem to be taking pics of old houses,certain architecture,various trees & animals when I see them even when out running errands or going to work.

The suburban might be able to pull it out, steep incline. Looks like the skid plates are going to get used on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.