Its all got to go!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smokinjay said:
Bocefus78,MMAUL,Tidedye65,smokinj and 3 non-members has confirmed. Looking for naandme and mecreture to confirm!

Don't miss out Equipment Not needed. Splitter and Tractor Would Speed things up!

I will be there 9AM sharp. I think it might be a take it easy 1 1/2 hour drive due east.

For the education if nothin else... Let me know if I need to bring anything.. tank of gas or something.

mecreature said:
smokinjay said:
Bocefus78,MMAUL,Tidedye65,smokinj and 3 non-members has confirmed. Looking for naandme and mecreture to confirm!

Don't miss out Equipment Not needed. Splitter and Tractor Would Speed things up!

I will be there 9AM sharp. I think it might be a take it easy 1 1/2 hour drive due east.

For the education if nothin else... Let me know if I need to bring anything.. tank of gas or something.

Sweet tank of gas could be good last time we came out of there with less than 2 oz of fuel...lol will pm you my number!

Sounds like a great time Jay! Get a plan together before you start cutting. So you can work safe and get in and out without blocking yourselves (been there done that). You will want to have your trials set up so if you have to come back in a week or two for more and it snows you don't hit a stump and hurt you vehicles. I knocked the oil filter off my uncles 255 massy loader tractor once on a stump and the other time pushing limbs into the woods. Its hard to push the clutch in when there's hot engine oil spraying on the clutch and your leg! Be safe I wish I could be out there with you!

Billy

Cowboy Billy said:
Sounds like a great time Jay! Get a plan together before you start cutting. So you can work safe and get in and out without blocking yourselves (been there done that). You will want to have your trials set up so if you have to come back in a week or two for more and it snows you don't hit a stump and hurt you vehicles. I knocked the oil filter off my uncles 255 massy loader tractor once on a stump and the other time pushing limbs into the woods. Its hard to push the clutch in when there's hot engine oil spraying on the clutch and your leg! Be safe I wish I could be out there with you!

Billy

Wish you where to billy....Be at this site 4 times now splitting big piles of rounds off of there. Think a tree company was dumping there. Got it well map out even down the the felling directions. Stumps will be taken as we go.

Sounds like fun. Too far away for me.

Flatbedford said:

Sould get enough pic's and video's to feel like you where there...lol Darn sure love to have you with that truck to fill...

My saw's are ready just tune them all up and new chains for the gtg.....Ran out of fuel on the 880 and running veggie oil but its still cold enough....

smokinjay said:
Flatbedford said:

Sould get enough pic's and video's to feel like you where there...lol Darn sure love to have you with that truck to fill...

My saw's are ready just tune them all up and new chains for the gtg.....Ran out of fuel on the 880 and running veggie oil but its still cold enough....

Smokin, how about putting up the menu for Sunday that way some of us can just show up for the food.

Zap

zapny said:
Smokin, how about putting up the menu for Sunday that way some of us can just show up for the food.

Zap

+1

Thistle said:
zapny said:

Zap

+1

lol MMAUL the Chef and +2

Update on the menu....MMaul said food if the 2nd splitter comfirm and showed up....No Comfrim on 2nd splitter....Who going to make HIM COOK????????????

Daily Details for
Anderson, IN (46017)
[ English | Metric ]

ourly Forecast Sunday cutting forcast....Doesnt get any better!

25°F

Feels Like
18°F
9 am

25°F

Feels Like
17°F
12 pm

28°F

Feels Like
20°F
Additional Hourly Forecast Not Available.
Day Night

AM Clouds / PM Sun High
30°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From NNE at 9 mph
Humidity: 84%
UV Index: 2 Low

Sunrise: 7:53 AM ET
Avg. High: 34°F
Record High: 57°F (1953)

Partly Cloudy Overnight Low
20°F

Precip
20%

Wind: From NE at 10 mph
Humidity: 82%

Sunset: 5:59 PM ET
Avg. Low: 19°F
Record Low: -11°F (1966)

Last Updated Friday, Jan 28, 12:05 PM Eastern Standard Time

smokinjay said:
Daily Details for
Anderson, IN (46017)
[ English | Metric ]

25°F

Feels Like
18°F
9 am

25°F

Feels Like
17°F
12 pm

28°F

Feels Like
20°F
Day Night

AM Clouds / PM Sun High
30°F

Precip
20%

20°F

Precip
20%

Better get it done plus out of there, the storm is heading your way.

ZapUweather

Attachments

• 400x266_01281541_ghogstorm.jpg
    400x266_01281541_ghogstorm.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 216
  • 400x266_01281459_nexweek.jpg
    400x266_01281459_nexweek.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 229
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
Daily Details for
Anderson, IN (46017)
[ English | Metric ]

25°F

Feels Like
18°F
9 am

25°F

Feels Like
17°F
12 pm

28°F

Feels Like
20°F
Day Night

AM Clouds / PM Sun High
30°F

Precip
20%

20°F

Precip
20%

Better get it done plus out of there, the storm is heading your way.

ZapUweather

Zap says the bad weather coming in so come and stock- up! Normally right on.........

Jags said:
Yay - its gonna get real cold again. :long:

Except for the cold we've been lucky this winter with most of the storms staying south of us but we'll get ours sooner or later.

Zap

Thistle said:
zapny said:

Zap

+1
Update on the menu….MMaul said food if the 2nd splitter comfirm and showed up….No Comfrim on 2nd splitter….Who's going to make HIM COOK????????????

So far the line up of saw's 1-880, 1-460, 3-361's(thats a big # there),1-192t and One 27 ton Splitter!
6 trucks and trailer's and 7 manpower.

2 feller
4 buckers
3 spliter crew

This should be very interesting...

pm sent

mecreature said:
This should be very interesting...

pm sent

Oh, I was running landscap crew's trimming tree back in the middle 80's(15 year run). MMaul and I will do all the felling. Just need to place two bucker's and one on the splitter.

I have 2 on the splitter now. Needing 1

In case it isn't loud enough I will bring a mccullough sp60 along. It's still fun though slow and heavy.

Bocefus78 said:
In case it isn't loud enough I will bring a mccullough sp60 along. It's still fun though slow and heavy.

Nice! That will be fun..Your running a 361 right? And how long you been running saws?

Yes...and ms180 limber. Honestly got into saws just 2 years ago.thats why I'm not into felling just yet.

Bocefus78 said:
Yes...and ms180 limber. Honestly got into saws just 2 years ago.thats why I'm not into felling just yet.

Ok, You are going to be a bucker! Bring them ready to go chains sharp gas oil and clean air filters wedges. If you want to drop a few for the experience I will walk you through every step. Thats how MMAUL Started.

You guys are making me jealous. This sounds like more of a party than work. And I like to party more than work.

Jags said:
You guys are making me jealous. This sounds like more of a party than work. And I like to party more than work.

If I can get a confirm on you and the splitter MMAUL Cooking!

smokinjay said:
Jags said:

If I can get a confirm on you and the splitter MMAUL Cooking!

Not gonna happen Jay. I was so interested that I checked into it and it is a 300 mile 5 hr trip - one way. 300 miles pulling my trailer w/log splitter will drink enough dino wine that I could buy a half cord delivered. :lol:

600 miles and 10 hours of drive ain't something I want to tack onto a busy day of making firewood. (and I HAVE to be back on Mon.)

I'll drop some w. Some help. Heck yea. I'm getting all my stuff gathered right now. Stupid new smartphone and this thread is holding me up.
Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.