It's Coming Together!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sticks&Stones

Aug 27, 2016
New Jersey
Well today I was able to get the liner in pretty smooth. I have a dreaded 7x11 flue and I ovalized 6" down to 4x7.5". I wrapped it in 1/2" insulation and off it went. I had (2) 45 degree angles in there but it took about 15 minutes to get it through. I just want to say Thanks Again to everyone who gave me feedback and input!!
Pat

Attachments

• 20161023_152759.jpg
    20161023_152759.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 471
  • 20161023_145554.jpg
    20161023_145554.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 413
Reactions: jb6l6gc
Good job but i don't like that romex in the back of the fireplace.

Thanks Again bholler!! That was a concern of mine as well but that's what we had on hand. You have given me a lot of advice do far and everything you have told me has been spot on so I definitely respect what you say. May I ask, what would you have used, bx?
Thanks Again!
Pat

Yes, at least sheath it in some flex.

Thanks Again bholler!! That was a concern of mine as well but that's what we had on hand. You have given me a lot of advice do far and everything you have told me has been spot on so I definitely respect what you say. May I ask, what would you have used, bx?
Thanks Again!
Pat
Well i would not put an outlet in the firebox at all. At least in pa you need to be able to unplug the blower.

Yes, I was thinking this was going to be for a freestanding stove install, not insert. National code I think is that there must be a way to disconnect power to the appliance in the room. This outlet would need to have a switch in the room to be proper.

Yep. Any plug connected appliance has to be plugged into an outlet in the same room.

What insert/stove is going in? Is a hearth extension in the plans too?

The PE Summit wood burning insert unit has a rocker switch on the front of it to shut the blowers on and off, I guess that's not good enough. So from what I'm gathering is I should be able to easily unplug the unit from the outlet but since the outlet is in the back I should add a switch that would shut the outlet off? Hopefully this makes sense.
Thanks Again For All The Advice!
Pat

What about adding an outlet to the left of the insert on the wall?

I will be getting an inspection this week and I will see what he says. It really does make sense to be able to unplug it if something goes wrong and also for the summer months/maintainence times. I really should have known, I watched videos online and that's what I saw so I followed what I saw. I should of really done a little more research in the electrical portion of this.
Pat

The town inspector just left and I was approved for electrical, I still plan on adding sheating to the romex.
Thanks Again
Pat

That just goes to show many local inspectors don't really know the codes.

Hi ED 3000, I had the manufacturer do the ovalization. This is the liner that I used and I'm really happy with dealing with them.
http://www.royalchimneysupply.com/products/flexible-chimney-liners/homeguard-max/

Pat
Nice call. I considered doing it myself, just the last few feet, to fit through the damper in the event someone would want to go back to the open fireplace in the future. Finally, I decided to commit, and cut the damper frame out. Sure made it easier to connect to the stove.

How are you going to connect to your stove? Do you have an oval appliance adapter?

Hi ED 3000, I apologize for the delay in my response it has been insane lately. The adapter is oval on one end and the other end is a 6" round that connects to the appliance. I hooked it up today but I did not Fire it up yet because I'm waiting for inspection.
Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.