1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

It's done......

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by ourhouse, May 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ourhouse

ourhouse Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Norfolk Ma
    I just bought my new stove! :) Thank God that is over!!!!!!!! It's a Quadrafire 4300 Step Top w/blower & ash removal.

My wife and I have been going nuts on what to buy and from whom. Seems like a lot of places around here don't even care what they sell or frankly even if you walk through the door. I finally found a great place with knowledgable and caring people. Thank you to the folks at Enchanted Fyreside in Worcester. You guys were GREAT!

As for everyone that has helped give me input as to what to buy, thank you very much for your help. Also, thanks to Elkin and everyone else for keeping me from buying a "death box". ;-)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    great!!!

Good luck and as always, keep us updated with PHOTOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Boulder County
    Nice stove, that thing will crank it out!
  4. Harley

Harley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashfield, MA
    Congratulations, Earth!!!

I bet you are waiting for the fall/winter now!! I just spent the most of the day at a few different dealers myself, and finally did get to see the heratige in person (again, thanks, MSG and DonCT - beautiful stoves there) I think that will work fine for me. (sorry, Elk, I think I am going to break away from the VC this time - but I still like them). Now all of the wood is in the shed - have a little cleanup to do, but that's about it here. This year I may have a chance to take the bike out, or get some fishing in, and of course, waiting for the new wood stove to get here, and fire it up!!
  5. Jefflee1

Jefflee1 Member

Loc:
    Willington CT
    Earth
    Good for you. Like you I just bought a Quad, but I got the 5700. I can't wait to run it next year..:) I also spent a lot of time and money going to different dealers in MA, CT and NH( figuring no sales tax it would be worth the trip). Most were very small shop's and some didn't want to be bothered.. I finally bought mine in Preston CT. They talked with me for 45mins or more before about a month before I bought my stove..:)

Jeff
  6. Bushfire

Bushfire Member

Loc:
    Kennett Square, PA
    I must confess that I didn't buy my stove from them, but that place in Preston, CT is a great store with people who seem to know their stuff and are willing to spend some serious time with you. I've been trying to get Morso assesories from a place closer to home, but may have to travel the extra distance to actually get the service I want. I mean, I've basically told this other place I want to buy stuff and they don't seem interested in getting the stock in. Their loss.
  7. PAJerry

PAJerry Member

Loc:
    Waterford, PA
    Good luck with the new stove! It's really hard to find good places to deal with in a lot of areas and I'm glad you found someone. The Quad should be a fine stove. Now, like some of the rest of us new stove owners, you'll be anxiously waiting for that first cold snap next fall to fire it up. Might start to like winter as much as when we were kids!
  8. Sundeep Arole

Sundeep Arole New Member

Loc:
    Framingham, MA
    Congratulations on your new stove. Keep us posted on how the install goes. Good luck!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.