It's done......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ourhouse

Minister of Fire
Feb 16, 2006
Norfolk Ma
I just bought my new stove! :) Thank God that is over!!!!!!!! It's a Quadrafire 4300 Step Top w/blower & ash removal.

My wife and I have been going nuts on what to buy and from whom. Seems like a lot of places around here don't even care what they sell or frankly even if you walk through the door. I finally found a great place with knowledgable and caring people. Thank you to the folks at Enchanted Fyreside in Worcester. You guys were GREAT!

As for everyone that has helped give me input as to what to buy, thank you very much for your help. Also, thanks to Elkin and everyone else for keeping me from buying a "death box". ;-)

Congratulations, Earth!!!

I bet you are waiting for the fall/winter now!! I just spent the most of the day at a few different dealers myself, and finally did get to see the heratige in person (again, thanks, MSG and DonCT - beautiful stoves there) I think that will work fine for me. (sorry, Elk, I think I am going to break away from the VC this time - but I still like them). Now all of the wood is in the shed - have a little cleanup to do, but that's about it here. This year I may have a chance to take the bike out, or get some fishing in, and of course, waiting for the new wood stove to get here, and fire it up!!

Earth
Good for you. Like you I just bought a Quad, but I got the 5700. I can't wait to run it next year..:) I also spent a lot of time and money going to different dealers in MA, CT and NH( figuring no sales tax it would be worth the trip). Most were very small shop's and some didn't want to be bothered.. I finally bought mine in Preston CT. They talked with me for 45mins or more before about a month before I bought my stove..:)

Jeff

I must confess that I didn't buy my stove from them, but that place in Preston, CT is a great store with people who seem to know their stuff and are willing to spend some serious time with you. I've been trying to get Morso assesories from a place closer to home, but may have to travel the extra distance to actually get the service I want. I mean, I've basically told this other place I want to buy stuff and they don't seem interested in getting the stock in. Their loss.

Good luck with the new stove! It's really hard to find good places to deal with in a lot of areas and I'm glad you found someone. The Quad should be a fine stove. Now, like some of the rest of us new stove owners, you'll be anxiously waiting for that first cold snap next fall to fire it up. Might start to like winter as much as when we were kids!

Congratulations on your new stove. Keep us posted on how the install goes. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.