It's finally done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
!!! Nice badfish. That is all I can say. Well, not really. Really friggin nice man. That basement looks awesome. What a cool place to hang out! That went from a basement to a chillin pad. Sa-weet cave for an entire family! The cream da la cream of cribs! Like I said. Nice badfish. Nice. !!!

Thanks-now if only I could replace my Englander with a gasifier I'd really be in business ;) The furnace does the job but I would looooooooove to have hydronic heat. Unfortunately I don't think my plumbing skills are as good as my carpentry skills...

Well done Badfish! I just finished my basement and I am jealous of yours!!!! (time to shut off the monitor before my wife sees your basement).

Hehe...yep, those "honey-do" projects... She was patient with me through the whole process but really wants those cabinet doors, so I'll be updating this thread sometime soon!

Reactions: ScotO
Looks great. Like putting an addition on the house.

Nice work.....can't let my Wife see this, I've got enough to do already

After three long years my basement has finally gone from this:

It took a lot of blood sweat and tears but it was all worth the wait. I did all of the demo myself, moved the ductwork into soffits along the walls, framing, insulation, wiring, drywall, paint, and trim. I contracted out the carpet and the spackle work since there's no way I could have made those look right :p The Vizio 60" LED was my gift to myself since I figure I saved about $7000 by doing it myself. As you can see it's pretty well lived in already-the whole family enjoys it, which of course was the idea. The Englander furnace resides in my shop on the opposite side of the basement which keeps it nice and toasty.
Nice, I was going to complement you on the sheetrock/spackle job, then I read the post.

Nice work.....can't let my Wife see this, I've got enough to do already

If she does see it, make sure that she sees the "three long years" part! That might take some heat off of you.

If she does see it, make sure that she sees the "three long years" part! That might take some heat off of you.
This made me smile FBF as when we started our reno on our house, I told my wife that it'd be a couple years........that was 8 friggin years ago and we still ain't done yet!!_g

Reactions: Eatonpcat
We bought out house in August 2003 and there are still unfinished projects from the week we moved in. I think that's just part if the magic of homeownership. It is a lifetime project. Just be sure to keep a roof over your head, a woodstove, and a workable kitchen and bath at all times.

Reactions: Eatonpcat and ScotO
Okay guys, let's play a game. Who can find the "red solo cup". That song is now stuck in my head.

Great job on the basement. I was scrolling down and I saw it took you three years. I saw the before and then the next picture and thought, wow, that took you three years? and then I kept scrolling. Basements are cool. Not common in the northwest though.

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Status
Not open for further replies.