Its finally here! Brag post, plus nickname suggestions....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinngetreu

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2013
North Iowa
I ordered my Husqvarna 555 on December 16th and it finally got here today!
Its a beaut.... I'm loving this thing and I haven't even started it yet!

New Saw 004.jpg

It has me thinking, anyone have nicknames for their saw?

I call my Dolmar 'Dolly', my 61 'the Leard Special' and my 262xp 'F#&%@*#n' Awesome'. Cheers!

Reactions: Sinngetreu
Oh, yeah - awesome saw and congrats! Cheers!

Thanks, I'm feeling like I won the lottery.

*samurai, battle ax, guillotine?

*samurai, battle ax, guillotine?

I did think of "Excalibur", but I know some who already use that and I didn't want to be a copy cat. I was thinking "trip" as in triple 5, but I didn't want to jinx myself into tripping every time I use it. ;lol

put a chain on it and let the chips fly.something will come to mind. enjoy the warmer temps this wknd. we deserve it.

Yeah buddy! You know what I'll be doing.

Annika & Kirsten. ;lol

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 264
  • husky 288xpw 28 bar monster honey locust.jpg
    husky 288xpw 28 bar monster honey locust.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 268
  • husky 288xpw 42 bar.jpg
    husky 288xpw 42 bar.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 271
Reactions: Dairyman and ErikR
I'm actually kinda shocked that my wife hasn't called it "the mistress" yet. Maybe I should call it that and beat her to the punch. There are a lot of jokes to be had with that one!

NICE!!! I like! Those are beastly!
How do you like the full wrap handles?

I like them a lot.Gives you greater control plus helps when cutting big wood in awkward positions like on steep hills etc.Saws are 25 & 30 yrs old,I'm at least 2nd owner.Both were from Oregon,retired timber cutters I believe.

I like them a lot.Gives you greater control plus helps when cutting big wood in awkward positions like on steep hills etc.Saws are 25 & 30 yrs old,I'm at least 2nd owner.Both were from Oregon,retired timber cutters I believe.

They look great for their age. Obviously taken care of.

sweet! It's 600 rpm faster than the 55 model...gotta call it "Hagar".
Not a fan of the singer? "Hagar the Horrible" then!

Reactions: Sinngetreu
I've only named one saw which is a Stihl 028 Super. It is the first one I bought about 23 years ago. A couple years back I sent it off and had it totally rebuilt and ported w/muff mod. Everything rubber including AV mounts were replaced. Behold "The Sleeper".

I ran this today and it is much stronger than my 346 XP and 550XPG and about 3 times as loud.:rolleyes:

1045lon.jpg

I've only named one saw which is a Stihl 028 Super. It is the first one I bought about 23 years ago. A couple years back I sent it off and had it totally rebuilt and ported w/muff mod. Everything rubber including AV mounts were replaced. Behold "The Sleeper".

I ran this today and it is much stronger than my 346 XP and 550XPG and about 3 times as loud.:rolleyes:

"The sleeper"... I love it! Nice Saws! How do you like the 550 XPG? I was leaning towards that one first.

Last edited:
I ran it for the first time tonight. Such a good buy. Its everything that my lofted dreams were.... and then some (this being the dreams of a man that was stuck with a 15 year old Craftsman 36cc saw, good saw, but not great) .
I think I’m going to name it Sophie. I really like Thistles idea of naming it a Swedish name, and of course its a she, plus, my wife has been watching 2 broke girls lately and reminded me that the Sophie on that show really likes "wood". ;) Since we were united in gutter minds, it almost has to be named that by law! So... Sophie it is.

"The sleeper"... I love it! Nice Saws! How do you like the 550 XPG? I was leaning towards that one first.

The 550XPG is a great saw and I need to wear gloves when the heated handles are on as they get that hot. Feels great.

The 550 seems to have a little different torque curve that is similar to the 562 in that as you load the motor more, it will pull the RPM down some but it will just make that much more power as the auto tune adds more fuel. On a regular saw when you pull the motor down the saw will slow down in cutting.

Your 555 is the next size larger, being in the 60 cc class. So that will be a strong saw in a fairly light package. As is normal with Husqvarna the anti vibe is exception. The 555 has gotten very good reviews.

Here is a comparison between the 3:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landsca...s/compare-chainsaws/?nid=503208,503149,503100

The 550XPG is a great saw and I need to wear gloves when the heated handles are on as they get that hot. Feels great.

The 550 seems to have a little different torque curve that is similar to the 562 in that as you load the motor more, it will pull the RPM down some but it will just make that much more power as the auto tune adds more fuel. On a regular saw when you pull the motor down the saw will slow down in cutting.

Your 555 is the next size larger, being in the 60 cc class. So that will be a strong saw in a fairly light package. As is normal with Husqvarna the anti vibe is exception. The 555 has gotten very good reviews.

Here is a comparison between the 3:

http://www.husqvarna.com/us/landsca...s/compare-chainsaws/?nid=503208,503149,503100

Yep, Id say that’s about right from what I hear about them all. When I looked at the comparison between the three before I made my decision, I decided on the 555 because it seemed to have most of the features of the 562 without the price. I honestly don’t think that anyone would be disappointed with any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.