It's firewood cuttin' weather!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Backwoods Savage said:
quads, I also planned on cutting wood yesterday but some other chores got in the way. Was okay though because it snowed all day. We didn't get a lot but a bit more than what you show. Now I probably can't cut until Saturday because of some danged health issues we need to take care of. But I'll be out there as soon as I can.
Hope all is well Dennis and get back out there soon!

I didn't cut today. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow night, so instead of cutting today I have been refilling my month's worth of wood on the porch, cleaning chimney, etc. Get that done and out of the way and then tomorrow I will cut again.

Danno77 said:
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
You know the drill Quads . . . pics or it didn't happen! For the sake of everyone, let's hope that poor child don't look like you! :grrr:
LoL, I thought the same thing when he said that, why else would she come out telling him she's pregnant? (J/K Quads)
HA! I guarantee her baby won't look anything like me! Nobody else does...... Funny thing, some friends and I were talking about an old law in Wisconsin that says you get 3.5 years in prison for cheating on your wife. Well, 3.5 years is nothing compared to what Mrs. Quads would give me!

quads said:
HA! I guarantee her baby won't look anything like me!
Thank goodness. That'd be one fugly little baby. It would probably have looked like that baby in the Hasselhoff commercials, except hairier, and with a maul.

kinda like this, but picture with a beard...

Attachments

• quadsbaby.jpg
    quadsbaby.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 215
Danno77 said:
kinda like this, but picture with a beard...
HA! No. That kid (even with a beard) is still way better looking than me!

Sadly I got all my cutting done till spring. I wouldn't mind cutting in the winter, but my woodshed is full and I've got no where to put anymore wood, unless,,,,,, I can convince my wife to park her car out on the road so I stack some wood in the driveway???

Quads, I see in your pictures you have a bit of the white stuff on the ground ,,,, I guess it won't be long till you start hauling your wood around in your bathtub sled. ;-P

quads said:
Backwoods Savage said:
quads, I also planned on cutting wood yesterday but some other chores got in the way. Was okay though because it snowed all day. We didn't get a lot but a bit more than what you show. Now I probably can't cut until Saturday because of some danged health issues we need to take care of. But I'll be out there as soon as I can.

I didn't cut today. We're supposed to get snow tomorrow night, so instead of cutting today I have been refilling my month's worth of wood on the porch, cleaning chimney, etc. Get that done and out of the way and then tomorrow I will cut again.

Thanks quads. So far we don't know about possible surgery on my neck. More pictures and tests then return to the doctor in late December. Good news on the hip though as we though a replacement was in order (already had one side done with excellent results) but we tried a shot directly into the hip and although it did not return fully to normal it is good enough that we can hold off surgery. That makes me a very happy camper.

Backwoods Savage said:
Thanks quads. So far we don't know about possible surgery on my neck. More pictures and tests then return to the doctor in late December. Good news on the hip though as we though a replacement was in order (already had one side done with excellent results) but we tried a shot directly into the hip and although it did not return fully to normal it is good enough that we can hold off surgery. That makes me a very happy camper.
Hoping the news about your neck is as good as your hip!

Carbon_Liberator said:
Sadly I got all my cutting done till spring. I wouldn't mind cutting in the winter, but my woodshed is full and I've got no where to put anymore wood, unless,,,,,, I can convince my wife to park her car out on the road so I stack some wood in the driveway???

Quads, I see in your pictures you have a bit of the white stuff on the ground ,,,, I guess it won't be long till you start hauling your wood around in your bathtub sled. ;-P
You got that right, I could be hooking up the bathtub sled as early as this weekend! They are saying anywhere from 3 to 9 inches of snow Friday night. Up to about 6 inches and I can still pull a loaded trailer. 9 inches and I'll have to use the sled.

I don't mind being out in the cold in the Winter.
As long as I keep moving and I'm dressed for it I don't feel it .
Worst is working up a sweat and then taking a break. The cold can hit ya fast.

When I could ski the lifts were the worst part in bitter cold weather.

Backwoods Savage said:
quads said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Excellent news Dennis!

billb3 said:

get the same thing with winter hiking when we stop for brakes. but underarmour works miracles for this keeping you dry when you sweat. expensive but works. i work outside all winter also and underarmour is the best lining i have used. i threw all my cotton crap in the gargabe.

billb3 said:

get the same thing with winter hiking when we stop for brakes. but underarmour works miracles for this keeping you dry when you sweat. expensive but works. i work outside all winter also and underarmour is the best lining i have used. i threw all my cotton crap in the gargabe.

Status
Not open for further replies.