It's getting freakin COLD!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imacman

Temps are going down to around 17 overnight tonight, and down to 10 tomorrow night.....am I in the twilight zone or something, or maybe I slept for a month and it's really the middle of January???

This is way too cold for the beginning of December.... :grrr:

imacman said:
Temps are going down to around 17 overnight tonight, and down to 10 tomorrow night.....am I in the twilight zone or something, or maybe I slept for a month and it's really the middle of January???

It's Gorebull warming you know.

Last week I was about a half bag a day give or take. This week I am over a bag and a half. What a change and quick! My in laws are in the sunny state of Florida. We got a call and they want some pellet heat as its in the 20's there as well.

Is Mr Gore in Florida?

j-takeman said:
Last week I was about a half bag a day give or take. This week I am over a bag and a half. What a change and quick! My in laws are in the sunny state of Florida. We got a call and they want some pellet heat as its in the 20's there as well.

Is Mr Gore in Florida?

No but they are expecting him in Cancun ,I think. They are setting record cold temperatures during the current IPCC confab (Gorebull Warming aka Tax you to death in order for you to be warm meetings) being held in Cancun. You can read about some of the games being played via some of the leaked State Department Cables.

Yeah baby. This is the weather that pellet stoves were made for!
Crank em up and enjoy peeps.

BTU said:
Burn baby burn, daddy needs a new pair of shoes........Gawd I love to see this weather in the NE...brings a little tear to my eye.

Best wishes from the pellet capital of the Southeast USA.....what?.....you think I'm here ONLY for the weather....... :coolsmile:

Always a smart@ss in the crowd :p Hopefully the southeast boils, so their electric bills for AC go up!

It's - 6° here in the western U.P. coldest night so far.I grilled out on the deck tonight steaks over hard wood coals scooped from my wood stove 3 minutes per side they were awesome! Did get some funny looks from people driving by though.

It is so cold the cat only wants to stay out 5 minutes, then he's clawing the door to get back in. The dogs bark to come back in after 3 min.s and I have to refill the bird feeders every day. And to think it was just last week that I was planting some bargain shrubs I had picked up. Now the ground is like cement. Went out and took one hell of a fall on the ice. Hit the back of my head. I was going to the garage to get some pellets. I'll make sure I put in extra so no more sneak runs out in the dark. Global warming? yup, right up there with the Gov. telling me there is no inflation so they won't be putting in a cola increase for my pension for the second year in a row.

OK, I'm going to beat BTU to the punch, saying how cold it is in the USA is nothing like in Canada....I laugh everytime I read this: :lol:

Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50 Fahrenheit (10 C)
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.

40 Fahrenheit (4.4 C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably
Canadians Sunbathe.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)
Italian Cars won’t start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32 Fahrenheit (0 C)
Distilled water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40 Fahrenheit (-40 C)
Hollywood disintegrates.
Canadians rent some videos.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)
Mt. St. Helen’s freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
Canadians pull down their earflaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can’t thaw the keg.

-459.4 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying “cold, eh? “

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Toronto Maple Leafs win the Stanley Cup….......

Imacman….NOW that is cold

Cold? I have Heatilators...... A pellet stove that might never needed cleaned.

Eric

Dang.....woke up this morning and the house actually felt COLD. Time to keep the stove a bit higher overnight.

Not quite time to switch over to the good stuff yet but that is coming. Next week forecast is even colder.

Burnem if ya got em

I broke down and tossed in the Turmans last night. So I am burning the good stuff for a few days. Looks like we will see some slightly warmer weather this weekend. Temps will reach 40's during the day. I'll go back to the tweeners Saturday.

Stove still cruisin on medium and a toasty 72ºF in the house. But I did change to High/Low mode during the over-night. Wife and son aren't complaining about me trying all these pellets now, Wifes only comment was "You got the good stuff in there, Right?".

Yes dear!

Still burning the NEWP's, only 10 bags left of my free pallet, then on to the Okies. The house is a toasty 74-76 degrees(still 66-68 in bedroom) and the stove/glass is staying much cleaner now that it is running hotter. :)

imacman said:

I was thinking the same thing. It is a blamy 7 out this morning.

we are 20 degrees below normal outside
all the global warming

13.1 at sunrise this morning, the birds aren't too happy. They want to know why their pellet stove burn pot keeps overflowing.

Now that I think of it, I haven't cleaned the glass or burnpot since Monday, thats a record for me.....I might actually like this colder weather after all, clean running stove ;-)

Woke up this morning to a 74 °F second floor and a 76 °F first floor Combo of Somersets in the Englander on low, and woodstove completely dampened, but glowing nicely with White oak embers.

It was almost nice to come out of the house and get hit with 25 °F wind and cool off.... works better than the morning coffee!

Burnin the Okies here. Running on #2
overnight and woke to a comfy 72F inside.
Outside thermo showed 16F. Ouchie that
is a bit chilly for this early on in my neck o da woods.

Brrrr....too cold too soon.
Usually don't have to bring out the big guns till the end of December.

Was using up the last of the LGs I found on CL, but knew this week was gonna be a cold one,
so switched over to my Dragons instead.

Xena said:
Burnin the Okies here. Running on #2
overnight and woke to a comfy 72F inside.
Outside thermo showed 16F. Ouchie that
is a bit chilly for this early on in my neck o da woods.

Where 'bouts be 'yo neck o da woods???

I be in Attleboro

I'm installing a pellet stove in my Peterbilt to keep warm....already have two 6" vents going straight up...

RAMSAY said:
It's - 6° here in the western U.P. coldest night so far.I grilled out on the deck tonight steaks over hard wood coals scooped from my wood stove 3 minutes per side they were awesome! Did get some funny looks from people driving by though.

I love winter grilling. Nothing better than a nice grilled steak, red wine, sauteed mushrooms while the snow it coming down and I don't have to worry about cleaning it until morning.

TboneMan said:
RAMSAY said:

I love winter grilling. Nothing better than a nice grilled steak, red wine, sauteed mushrooms while the snow it coming down and I don't have to worry about cleaning it until morning.

So when are we all invited over? I'm getting hungry after that description ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.