It's getting freakin COLD!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice morning for a jump on the trampoline, no?

Attachments

• Photo 238.jpg
    Photo 238.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 283
imacman said:
lordgrinz said:
Now that I think of it, I haven't cleaned the glass or burnpot since Monday, thats a record for me.....I might actually like this colder weather after all, clean running stove ;-)

Not to bad lordgrinz....I haven't cleaned the glass, burnpot, ashpan, or anything else since Oct 5th......up to 57 bags.

But it's still FREAKING COLD OUTSIDE!!! (and a nice 70 inside ;-) )

I couldn't take it anymore, the OCD side of me made me do it, I just did a quick clean of the glass, brushed heat exchanger, scraped burnpot. I feel better now....LOL

27 degrees out right now and headed towards a low of 7 tonight. Castile is sitting in the basement on idling on low and heat pump hasn't been running much yet. If the heat pump starts calling for strip heat for back up I am going to flip the castile on high. The heat pump is by far my cheapest heat but if the strips are running very much the pellets become way cheaper.

Now look at the pict above from this morning....

Castile is cranking, going to drop below zero now.

Attachments

• Photo 240.jpg
    Photo 240.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 245
j-takeman said:
krooser,

You went thru that ton already?

Yep... since we did the living room remodel last February we now have a big hole in our ceiling with a 42" wide staircase leading to my mother-in-laws living quarters...

We are now heating two floors... and pretty well, too. Last night it was 27F... the living room was 74F and the upstairs was a pretty even 70F... not bad. The downside is the stove is running on level 3 instead of the steady diet of #2 we've had it on in past years during similar weather.

Sunday thru Tuesday will be the coldest days this week... down to -6F they say on Tuesday night.... highs in the single digits. Tonite the wind is picking up... we have about 6" of fresh snow right now and a chance of another 6" tonite...brrrr.

I find a few more bags of Western's hiding under my tarp so I have about 11 left... I'll refill that when I get back from my trip to Indiana on Friday...

krooser said:
j-takeman said:
krooser,

Yep... since we did the living room remodel last February we now have a big hole in our ceiling with a 42" wide staircase leading to my mother-in-laws living quarters...

We are now heating two floors... and pretty well, too. Last night it was 27F... the living room was 74F and the upstairs was a pretty even 70F... not bad. The downside is the stove is running on level 3 instead of the steady diet of #2 we've had it on in past years during similar weather.

Sunday thru Tuesday will be the coldest days this week... down to -6F they say on Tuesday night.... highs in the single digits. Tonite the wind is picking up... we have about 6" of fresh snow right now and a chance of another 6" tonite...brrrr.

I find a few more bags of Western's hiding under my tarp so I have about 11 left... I'll refill that when I get back from my trip to Indiana on Friday...

If you get any where near SIH, Stop in an grab some. I promise you will love them. Well You are spoiled with some of the best stuff on earth, So maybe you like them anyway! :)

j-takeman said:
krooser said:
j-takeman said:
krooser,

If you get any where near SIH, Stop in an grab some. I promise you will love them. Well You are spoiled with some of the best stuff on earth, So maybe you like them anyway! :)

I've been pretty close by but only in the wee hours.... I doubt they would be open at 2AM...

sih hardwood pellets said:
didn't see this post earlier. Krooser, We have a midnight crew. You arrange payment ahead of time they will load you.

Thanks

Sure would be nice to see some SIH's out east!

sih hardwood pellets said:
didn't see this post earlier. Krooser, We have a midnight crew. You arrange payment ahead of time they will load you.

Thanks

Guess I missed that... good idea.

I just bought six bags of Marth pine pellets tonite so I can keep the wife and MIL warm this week... might have to buy some of those SIH pellets if I get to southern Indiana... loading potatoes for Ft. Wayne in the AM... got my diesel fired cab heater keeping my Peterbilt warm for me for my 5AM ride... the propane cargo heater is set on high... and the engine heater is plugged in so I have a warm Kitty Kat in the pre-dawn... ain't winter fun? (wait..it's only fall!!!)...

Status
Not open for further replies.