It's Gold Jerry, gold!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STIHLY DAN

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2013
So NH
I have my last woodstove stack. It's a 3 to 4 cord stack, 4 or 5 years stacked. My old firewood buddy is going to ask me to trade seasoned wood for green semi punky wood. I was going to begrudgingly trade him this stack as the splits are smaller and shorter than I like for my furnace. There is some hickory at the front of the stack, Not trading that for anything. Well I go to take the hickory out before he asks to trade. Low and behold what I thought was mostly maple with some hickory at the front, is actually mostly hickory, with white oak, black birch and beech. Looks like I will not be trading this stack and will be burning better wood than the red oak I thought I was going to be burning. What benefits you all, is now that I have the Best wood to burn, the polar vortex will stall and we will have a record warm winter.

Reactions: colin.p
images

Let's hope the polar vortex does not stall! I have black locust, red and white oak, mulberry and osage orange. Very excited for this upcoming winter. Did I just say that?

What benefits you all, is now that I have the Best wood to burn, the polar vortex will stall and we will have a record warm winter.

Can I hold you to it?;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.