Its Gonna Be a Cold One Tonight (Finally)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

katwillny

They are calling for 32* in Dutchess County NY with windchill of about 27. Just got home from work and the wife got the trusty Dutchwest and the Breckwell going. I knew she was a keeper first time I saw her, tonight I'm reminded that shes the greatest.

Cold air will be moving in just before thanksgiving, at least here in MA, with day time highs in the upper 30s, night time lows in the mid 20s.....looking forward to 24-7 burning!

In my dreams! as you guys talk about cold weather I am looking forward to a 41C (thats gotta be around 105F) tomorrow!

I am in Australia however!! stay cool guys!!

Richard, i think you need to be in the AC Forum not the Hearth forum. Ha haha.

KatWill said:
They are calling for 32* in Dutchess County NY with windchill of about 27. Just got home from work and the wife got the trusty Dutchwest and the Breckwell going. I knew she was a keeper first time I saw her, tonight I'm reminded that shes the greatest.

Isn't there supposed to be some "minus" signs in front of those numbers you posted to qualify for the Topic Title?

Dang. Plus 32 degrees and I usually look for the sunblock.

Frostbit said:
KatWill said:

Isn't there supposed to be some "minus" signs in front of those numbers you posted to qualify for the Topic Title?

Dang. Plus 32 degrees and I usually look for the sunblock.

Was about 40* here today, so I washed the Jeep.
Everything's relative. Happy burning!

Having about 10% relative humidity around here-(a guess), our temps. have to differ from most of your's-(real feel). We were at 26 for a high today, and I had a guy come into the shop wearing shorts and "crocs". The "crocs" made him weird to start, but really- shorts? Turns out he was from Alaska.

25 right now in NW New Mexico--low of 17 tonight. Had a 12 degree night a few days ago.
Days are still warming up to 55 or 60, so it's still not full time burning yet.

Pretty nice really!

First snow of the season here and just below freezing.
Wife asked me to open more windows cause she's too hot.
Furnace staying off this year - Summit doing the trick nicely :)

We had something like +17.5 C here today, broke a bunch of records. Still no snow on the ground. Summer sucked by the fall is making up for some of that. Hope it stays this way for a long time.

Beetle-Kill said:
We were at 26 for a high today, and I had a guy come into the shop wearing shorts and "crocs". The "crocs" made him weird to start, but really- shorts? Turns out he was from Alaska.
Now that right there is funny!

I look forward to being able to use the stoves more, but I don't look forward to having to go outside in the single digits...

Isn't Sarah Palin from Alaska? Make your own judgments from that. LOL>

Status
Not open for further replies.