It's hard to heat the house when.........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
a kid visits and opens the upstairs windows. Had a get together yesterday - a young boy was too hot upstairs and opened two windows (wide open) and never closed them. We didn't use the upstairs last night, so never noticed. Had a big fire last night and woke up to a pretty cold house - unheard of. Had a big fire this morning - came home to a chilly house at noon. Just felt a rush of cool air coming from the stairs and could smell fresh air - sure enough, about 30 hours of wide open windows. Just had to laugh. Cheers!

Kids...gotta love em.

Good thing it is a mild February.

zap

For twenty years before the stove, I ran our radiant floor heat with outdoor reset compared to the supply water temperature. Once you get it tuned, inside temperature stays dead on based only on outside temperature. No thermostat inside.

Great benefit when the kids were growing up. If the house was left open to the elements, heat input was not increased. They learned quick that once cold, it took a few sunny days to get back to normal. They also learned I had thermal underwear and was in no way inconvenienced. Their mother on the other hand was plenty hard to live with. They developed good energy conservation habits.

no wonder it was so nice out the other day....

:lol:
Delta-T said:
no wonder it was so nice out the other day....

Bet you are glad you are having spring weather instead of winter!

someones kid should be safe since you're heating with wood instead of natural gas or electricity since you don't have to pay the utility company for that type of behavior.

With my stove temporarily out of service, it was nice to be getting that warm breeze from the center of town......opened my windows to let the heat in....Merci, Jacques!

Kids. Can't live with em. Can't kill em.

Though painful "accidents" have been known to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.