It's Hee..ere....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleeper-6

Nov 16, 2014
Hunterdon County, NJ
Is everyone ready for the winter chill to finally arrive here in the northeast? It's not looking like it'll get above freezing here in northern NJ for at least the next week. I know this weather is still springtime for the northern contingent, but it looks like winter is finally here for us.

I think there may be a thread about this in the Inglenook. :)

I know winter is here when the furnace fan is my alarm clock after a 9:30ish pm reload before bed! Furnace usually starts kicking on at 430ish and I know it's time to get up and get ready to stuff it again after a cup of coffee!!! Looks like Wednesday is going to be the rough one for us in Ohio. I love the winter where all the hard work gets to be reaped with a nice hot stove, but I feel terrible for my animals in the barn that have to freeze their butts off trying to stay alive!!!!

Grew up in Essex County, West Orange / Livingston. Sis and husband still live there. Now in NEPA. You think YOU are gonna be cold?

Supposed to be 3 degrees here on Wednesday morning in the NC mountains....thankfully we are ready....

WHAT? It's Winter and January . . . and it's cold? Shocking! ;)

Where are you in Southern Indiana?
Close to Evansville. Last night was down to about 12 with a breeze. I'm now convinced that the Dutchwest will be able to hold its own, with the new gaskets. I can fire the stove top up to 650, no problem. I've got a blower too, but I don't think I'll need to put it back on. One nice feature is that, burning down coals, I can pump the stove top back up to about 350 or so. Can't do that with the Keystone but overall it's got more arse than the Dw.

Last edited:
i'm not ready! its gonna be -5 this week outside boston and my hearth hasn't arrived and the installer hasn't schedule us yet!!! ARRGGGGHH!!!

we are getting a new super efficient oil burner and water heater installed tomorrow tho, but i didn't actually want to be USING IT!!!!

Reactions: Woody Stover
Absolutely ready and loving every minute of it. Restocked the wood box on my porch and cleaned the chimney this weekend since my roof still was relatively snow free. First year burning, and I smile like a giddy school girl every time I reload the stove. My new favorite past time is giving the Propane company the middle finger every time they roll past my house. :) Feel bad for my in laws who just bought a big house with no stove. They put plastic up to block off half the house and have the thermostat set to 58. Brrrrrr.

Reactions: 7acres
Status
Not open for further replies.