It's January 22nd & It's 53F Outside at 4:30 PM ......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Down to a low of 40F - 35F tonight, could be lower in the Hollow. Both stoves cold,baffles cleaned, House mildly restocked, but always on the ready for a blizzard ;)

It's January 22nd.:)

And, I lucked into a cord of maple, oak & cedar,semi seasoned, split (very nicely, I might add !!) , delivered, and tossed off for a ridiculously low amount of money .... getting a few more cords delivered with in the next few weeks. And they have pine, too :) (Locals PM me for info, they're out of Patchouge )

How was your weekend? :p

Go check on the daffodils, ours are starting to sprout.

44 with fog all day here, Nor'Easter a brewing.. winter storm watch up for heavy snow / sleet / freezing rain, weather models are trending colder so I suspect more sleet / snow than ice. Heavy winds are also forecasted, Hurricane wind warning just south of Long island, this is gona be a dozie of a storm, prob gonna get Heavy Hammer over here to help sling up some power lines.

I am a little south of you.. yes temps have been up but I don't mind. . Not going through a lot of wood means less wood to split and stack.. i am still sitting on 8 cords (all at no cost) with room to split and stack 4 more cords. The temps look to be dropping next week so we will be back to burning 24/7 we did have a nice cold snap few week back there is plenty of winter left. .

Def a warm day and ill take it! Makes winter that much shorter. Im burning scraps from a local mill, 75 inside with little effort.

Go check on the daffodils, ours are starting to sprout.

Weird,but my irisi's are still green, and I've seen geese coming back North !

we had a warm weekend, stove went cold on friday morning and didn't get started back up until last night.... took the opportunity to go walk around and discover a few more pieces that were buried under grasses, etc. I moved a little bit of wood, restacked some stuff for next year, and contemplated dragging some fallen limbs out of the creek.

2 years ago, I laid sod on Jan 26 and 27th. it was 72ºF