It's not Maple!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Just another load of Cherry tonight. Went back in above the swamp and loaded up what was left from last night then ran over to another area to load up more Cherry.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0763.jpg
    100_0763.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 469
  • 100_0766.jpg
    100_0766.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 454
Hey - thats a cute little wagon Zap. Is that on a 2.5 ton running gear??

Edit: on second look, it doesn't appear that heavy. Looks pretty handy though (until ya gotta back it up :lol: )

Jags said:

Edit: on second look, it doesn't appear that heavy. Looks pretty handy though (until ya gotta back it up :lol: )

2.5 loads from that wagon fills the step side, who said anything about backing up! :coolgrin:

zap

zapny said:
Jags said:

2.5 loads from that wagon fills the step side, who said anything about backing up! :coolgrin:

zap

Being the ol farm boy that I was. I am all too familiar with backing up wagons. ;-)

Jags said:
zapny said:
Jags said:

zap

Being the ol farm boy that I was. I am all too familiar with backing up wagons. ;-)

When I was young my grandfather had the duty of backing up the hay wagon and we took care of the hay! The wagon is a 1 ton from Ohio Steel.

Zap

To back up a wagon, that thing has to have a long tongue. Otherwise you may learn some new words while trying to back it up! lol

I'll never forget the first time I had to back up a wagon. It was tough sledding for sure but I was quite young also. I was surprised though at how short the learning curve was to learn the proper way to do it. Now I'm out of practice for sure and probably would have to relearn it. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
To back up a wagon, that thing has to have a long tongue. Otherwise you may learn some new words while trying to back it up! lol

I'll never forget the first time I had to back up a wagon. It was tough sledding for sure but I was quite young also. I was surprised though at how short the learning curve was to learn the proper way to do it. Now I'm out of practice for sure and probably would have to relearn it. lol

I should have bought a trailer and not a wagon!

http://www.countryatv.com/twinaxleatv.htm

Zap

Well, a trailer is always easier to back up than a wagon. But the wagon is not all bad either. It looks as if it is serving you well.

zapny said:
I should have bought a trailer and not a wagon!

Zap

Zap - the positive side that a wagon has to offer is that the tow vehicle does not bear any of the load weight. With a trailer, thats not true. You could pull that wagon around with a ton of wood in it with a garden tractor if you wanted. Not necessarily true with a trailer.

Adios Pantalones said:
LOL- I go slow and turn the steering wheel back and forth like a suthner driving on ice

Good one, I would like to have tickets to the Bruins / Philadelphia game tonight.

Philly wins 3-2.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.