It's official! My pellet stove is a Christmas ornament.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

relxn88

May 20, 2008
Ma.
Buying 200 gals. of heating oil @ 1.67 today. Pellet stove has been relegated to occasional ambiance for the holiday season. HWBB gives me nice even heat throughout the house-cheaply-finally! I'll be back when the prices collapse on wood pellets, just like oil.

Same here. Came back from vacation to find heating oil at $1.60 a gallon! My break even point is around $2 so I think I'll just hoard my pellets for next year.

Oil is $1.78/gal here, but I still run my stove. Can't beat having a fire to watch, but am using more oil to heat the upstairs.

Got to admit there is nothing like a nice stove fire, a glass of wine, and a beautiful wife to share it with but that is what the stove is being relegated to for the time being.

Some things I do not mine cob webs collecting on. Just say'in. This time last year everyone was jacked out of shape because of the crappy relentless cold and SNOW along with high oil and propane prices. LOL!

Maybe it is time to polish the stoves and wax the blowers if Y'all are that bored. Now get busy! LOL!

Pellets are like chicken wings and brisket. They were all once very affordable. Darn
Mmmmmmmmm........brisket......

Status
Not open for further replies.