It's official! The sled train has returned to the woods today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
I could probably still pull the trailer, but I don't like getting stuck way out in the brush and unloading the trailer just so it can move again. Besides, they opened the snowmobile trails around here at noon today and in keeping with the spirit of that I felt something with skis was needed to mark the occasion. HAHA!
IMG_0253%2520%25281024x768%2529.jpg

nice set-up Quads!! I love ingenuity. Did you see my sleigh that I pull with my snowmobile? How does she handle going downhill?...lol....

Attachments

• Sledandmule.jpg
    Sledandmule.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 629
  • Mule4.jpg
    Mule4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 590
Hows it goin quads.... Is that 4 wheel drive? I was out riding in 6" just for fun and didn't have any problems, but if I were pulling a sled, I might be slipping alot. How well do those chains work?

Quads,
I love your pics!

Scotty Overkill said:
nice set-up Quads!! I love ingenuity. Did you see my sleigh that I pull with my snowmobile? How does she handle going downhill?...lol....
Hey! That's pretty cool! I might have to build something similar when the steel skis finally wear out on mine. No hills around here, almost completely flat. But if I stop hard, the plastic sled catches up real quick!

Backwoods said:
Hows it goin quads.... Is that 4 wheel drive? I was out riding in 6" just for fun and didn't have any problems, but if I were pulling a sled, I might be slipping alot. How well do those chains work?
Yes, 4wd, but the front tires are so thin I can almost see the air in them! We have about 4 inches, maybe 5 at most. The tire chains make an unbelievable difference. I originally bought them for my two wheel drive to plow snow with and I plowed A LOT of snow that way.

great pictures as always. How Is the firewood sales this year?

Looks good quads. We lost all of our snow again. Early last week we were fighting mud. Strange winter.

Real nice as always quads - we are down to about 3 inches of snow on the ground now - crazy winter for snow. I ordered a poly sled for the atv yesterday to move a cord or so out of the woods with my atv. Should be here soon - we'll see how it works. Cheers!

Well quads
You've added to the uses for milk crate. "Load extender/maul holder"
A red,white & blue maul cover &, your train would have a flag :)
Great pic, as always

Always glad to see you post and your pictures! Maybe you could be the official photographer for Hearth.com? I hear Craig pays pretty good! :lol:

Gary

Nice pics quad, having fun I bet.

estang said:
great pictures as always. How Is the firewood sales this year?
Firewood sales are way down this year compared to last year because the weather is warmer so they don't need as much and because there is very little snow so some of my customers from last year can get out in the woods and cut their own. I might not even make half the sales this year. BUT.....that's ok because I sold way more last year than I ever wanted to. I was only hoping to sell half or less this year so it is working out exactly how I wanted it to. Just got back in the house now from making a delivery. My customers think that I'm Walmart, open all night! HAHA!

Backwoods Savage said:
Looks good quads. We lost all of our snow again. Early last week we were fighting mud. Strange winter.
Sure is a strange winter. We were just above freezing today, and 40 degrees predicted for tomorrow. Really weird for January.

NH_Wood said:
Real nice as always quads - we are down to about 3 inches of snow on the ground now - crazy winter for snow. I ordered a poly sled for the atv yesterday to move a cord or so out of the woods with my atv. Should be here soon - we'll see how it works. Cheers!
Mine works good. If I am pulling it by hand I can stack it way high, holds almost half as much as my trailer! But, if I am pulling it behind the ATV I can't stack it any higher than what you see in this pic. Whatever splits are up above the sides jump out and end up scattered all over the place.

bogydave said:
Well quads
You've added to the uses for milk crate. "Load extender/maul holder"
A red,white & blue maul cover &, your train would have a flag :)
Great pic, as always
HAHA! A red, white, and blue maul cover, hmmmmm. I like that idea!

Gary_602z said:
Always glad to see you post and your pictures! Maybe you could be the official photographer for Hearth.com? I hear Craig pays pretty good! :lol:

Gary
Thanks! Nah, I just snap pics. Nothing special about it. Way better picture snappers on this board than me! HAHA!

wishlist said:
Nice pics quad, having fun I bet.
Always! I love it! Thank you!

quads said:
Gary_602z said:

Gary
Thanks! Nah, I just snap pics. Nothing special about it. Way better picture snappers on this board than me! HAHA!
I don't know. Your pics make me wish I was there with you :)

tfdchief said:
I don't know. Your pics make me wish I was there with you :)
Well, if you're ever up this way, I'll give you the tour!

it is always great to see your pictures Quads
and you stories
the new handle on the maul looks a little modern for you though
need to find a nice hickory one

Great stuff Quads! good luck with the wood sales. should have the little woman whip you up a red/white/blue flag for your rig. that way you would eliminate any friendly fire! ha art

Quads . . . whatever happened to the old sleigh you were hauling wood with last year . . . did it break . . . you might have mentioned its fate . . . I just have a very poor memory.

ironpony said:
it is always great to see your pictures Quads
and you stories
the new handle on the maul looks a little modern for you though
need to find a nice hickory one
That's a whole new maul! I have a nice hickory handle in the old maul. I couldn't keep the wooden handle tight, so I bought this new maul last Spring. It didn't split quite as good as the old maul, so I took the grinder and file to it and reshaped it. Now it splits almost as good as the old maul. In the meantime, I put another new handle in the old maul, but used glue. That seems to have done the trick, because the new hickory handle is still tight. It's hanging in the garage right now though, while I try to wear out my modified new maul.

Status
Not open for further replies.