Its official "Woodpile PSYCHO"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
I finally finished getting everything split and stacked this week and filled the wood shed. I now have 27 cord put up, 6 in the shed and 21 setting outside and man it feels good. The outside stacks total 410 feet long at around 55" tall and cut at 20". It will be nice to just cut and split what I use each year at a minimum but I have a feeling that's not going to be all that I cut. 20130705_191350.jpg20130705_191430.jpg20130705_191509.jpg20130705_191535.jpg

Wow impressive!

Like a field full of ripe wheat,
a beautiful thing !

Nice cement pad for the seasoned, close to the stove wood
:)

I finally finished getting everything split and stacked this week and filled the wood shed. I now have 27 cord put up, 6 in the shed and 21 setting outside and man it feels good. The outside stacks total 410 feet long at around 55" tall and cut at 20". It will be nice to just cut and split what I use each year at a minimum but I have a feeling that's not going to be all that I cut.View attachment 105764View attachment 105765View attachment 105766View attachment 105767

I'd guess you are right there. You have the fever now. Very very nice HJ.

Dammmm....great job

WOW , Awesome !
Now you can take a little break ;)

Reactions: ScotO
You should be proud HJ. Really nice work. Was that all split by hand? Regardless, impressive.

Awesome!

Sometimes it feels great to be a PSYCHO, doesn't it?? Great work. I've got around 27 cord here, as well (some isn't split yet, still working on replacing my wood that I used from last season). I have to keep my stacks a lot tighter due to space restrictions here, but top covering it gets it seasoned in three to four years, which is my turnaround on wood. How much do you burn in a season?

Take a break, my friend......you've earned it!!

That is impressive!! Great work! How long did it take you to get to that point? I'm also curious how far ahead that puts you?

Thanks everyone,
I burn around 5 cord a year between the house and shop but this year was closer to 6 since winter just didn't want to end. I split around 12 cord by hand until I got my splitter last year but I still like to break out the Fiskar on occasion.
The worst part is I got the new ms 362 in May and the next day they planted the fields and I couldn't get in to use it. Well to be honest I carried it almost half a mile so that I could at least use it a little bit;em.
Oh im taking a little bit of a break now and the best part is I don't have to cut in the heat unless I really want to. I cut wood the last 2 summers to get this far ahead and it sucked.

Great work! 4 years ahead is a beautiful thing! Nothing beats walking around your stacks and admiring all your hard work. I'm with ya on cutting in the heat... No fun at all! Like you, I will be waiting till fall from now on to get most of my processing done.

That collection of wood is downright prodigious! Kinda wonderin'if the other burners nearby you are finding wood a bit scarce ( 'cause it's all over at your place!).. Just kidding. GOOD JOB!

That is insane Simpson. Great job. I would call that a monument to good honest hard work!

I finally finished getting everything split and stacked this week and filled the wood shed. I now have 27 cord put up, 6 in the shed and 21 setting outside and man it feels good. The outside stacks total 410 feet long at around 55" tall and cut at 20". It will be nice to just cut and split what I use each year at a minimum but I have a feeling that's not going to be all that I cut.

Nice work HJ! That is also some very nice stacking. It might be interesting to take a couple measurements on some of the stacks to see how much they shrink. We stack around 54" and find they usually shrink a good 6" as they dry.

I finally finished getting everything split and stacked this week and filled the wood shed. I now have 27 cord put up, 6 in the shed and 21 setting outside and man it feels good. The outside stacks total 410 feet long at around 55" tall and cut at 20". It will be nice to just cut and split what I use each year at a minimum but I have a feeling that's not going to be all that I cut.View attachment 105764View attachment 105765View attachment 105766View attachment 105767

Awesome--congratulations!!

DANG DIDDLY DOO!
THATSLOTTAWOOD!

I wanna be a woodpile psycho, mommy can I be a woodpile pycho? Huh? Can I? Huh? Please?! Everybody else is doing it! Huh? please?

hey I'm right behind you with 22 c/s/s and 5 almost blocked out ready for the splitter YIPPIE KIYA

Don't stop now.....Keep Going.......

Wow--410 feet long! Think about that--that's more than the distance of an NFL kickoff (65 yards=195 feet), X 2! Very impressive.

Reactions: Trilifter7
Way to go, psy-cho!

Big wind storm today so I might get back to cutting sooner then I thought :). I need to get some work done on splitter but not going to turn down chance to get some more wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.