It's official

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TimJ

Minister of Fire
Apr 10, 2012
Southeast Indiana
Got my membershp to "The Get It Before It Rots Club" in the mail this week. I had to meet a lot of strict criteria in order for me to obtain this, and I have to do a lot to retain the membership. One thing I have to do is get all my downed trees up and bucked and then I have to stay at it so that nothing rots or else the membership will be forfeited. This winter I have more than met the goal and I am now working on more. Pictured below are two shagbark hickories that I got up off the ground today. If I would not have found this site they would more than likely still be laying there. They would have rotted.

Attachments

• bearded asil hen 093.jpg
    bearded asil hen 093.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 127
  • bearded asil hen 095.jpg
    bearded asil hen 095.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 118
Hickory burns so well. But I am amazed at how fast it will rot if left on the ground. I have one I can have that blew over but I have no room for it and really don't need it now so I'm leaving it where it is because it is still about 4 ft off the ground and should last quite awhile that way. I'll get the other wood on the ground first like your doing.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Got my membershp to "The Get It Before It Rots Club" in the mail this week. I had to meet a lot of strict criteria in order for me to obtain this, and I have to do a lot to retain the membership. One thing I have to do is get all my downed trees up and bucked and then I have to stay at it so that nothing rots or else the membership will be forfeited. This winter I have more than met the goal and I am now working on more. Pictured below are two shagbark hickories that I got up off the ground today. If I would not have found this site they would more than likely still be laying there. They would have rotted.
They gave you a second membership after they revoked your first one;?

"Pictured below are two shagbark hickories that I got up off the ground today. If I would not have found this site they would more than likely still be laying there. They would have rotted."

That would have been sacrilege, and caused a massive rift in the fabric of our wood burning world.
You've done well, young Jedi wood burner.
Or, something like that.
Nice haul. Go gibir.:cool:

Reactions: gyrfalcon
Kind of looks like you got it just in time. Darker color looks like it was getting punky.
Maybe not, good haul there.

to the tune of "Bingo was his name-o"......G-I-B-I-R, G-I-B-I-R, G-I-B-I-R, and stack it fer yer FI-AR.......::-)

Reactions: TimJ
Status
Not open for further replies.