It's on! Hearth.com meetup in DC - nov 16, 4-7 on the mall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A hearth.com meetup. With a side order of stove competition. It don't get any better than that.

I see the need for an Inglenook continuing thread in the making here.

A hearth.com meetup. With a side order of stove competition. It don't get any better than that.

I see the need for an Inglenook continuing thread in the making here.

keep it live in here though BB so the folks who don't frequent "the nook" will still see it

maybe a "tease" on the header web?

the "million BTU march" seems to be on

Reactions: teutonicking
Just think the pellet and boiler folks would like to get in on the meetup. We do be a big family with lots of cousins and uncles here. ;) And maybe the Boiler Room guys could join me in ragging on you to get an EPA furnace done. ;lol

Yeah, Scotty, if that rube isn't a "drone", I've never seen one. ;lol

Reactions: ScotO
Just think the pellet and boiler folks would like to get in on the meetup. We do be a big family with lots of cousins and uncles here. ;) And maybe the Boiler Room guys could join me in ragging on you to get an EPA furnace done. ;lol
maybe put a "sticky"? on each forum mentioning the intended event. Maybe even go so far as to create a page and see who all can show up for sure. worth a shot.

Reactions: n3pro
Hmmm, sounds tempting

:mad:

Reactions: BrotherBart
Well I'll be down to you and let you drive then ;-)

Looks like I don't get to ride Metro in. Gonna have to pick up a load of folks at Union Station.

Be the first time the old Suburban had the third seat back in it in 12 years. ;lol

Hell, get enough booked for it and I will rent a van.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
For those of you with kids (or kids at heart) the National Zoo IS worth the trip alone, we try to go twice a year, spring and fall to either the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore or the National Zoo. Bring GOOD walking shoes though, only Zoo I have been to with crazy hills to walk up and down. Of course then you have all the other museums right around the corner from this if you like to be inside.

Tip on hotel rooms, unless you are rich or find a crazy good deal you might want to try finding a room out of the city, I have had good success in finding deals at BWI airport area hotels then driving into the city or taking Amtrak to Union Station.

Can we check into installing wood heat in the Whitehouse? Maybe we can all just campout around the heat so as we are not wasting it. You know we are all Green shouldnt be wasting anything. Maybe Pres would stop by for a S'more. We will all just pretend to be homeless. Police wont bother us then.

But anyway I am thinking about it if I can work around my kid's schedules.

Reactions: teutonicking
Catch the train. I'll meet up with ya at Union Station and we can take Metro over to the Mall.

You can even walk from Union Station. I work in between those two. Its probably about 10-12 blocks from Union Station to the Mall. I will be there!

Hell, get enough booked for it and I will rent a van.

The Hearthdotcom short bus??;lol

If Craig would ever get the Gulfstream out of the shop, I would join you guys.

4e9463c380d29.preview-300.jpg

bus stove.jpg

Watch for the Aliens to be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.