It's on! Hearth.com meetup in DC - nov 16, 4-7 on the mall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having pulled tofu and seitan catered in (;)) - is that what you are talking about? We wash it down with soy milk and near-beer.

I just puked in my mouth a little.;sick

Reactions: raybonz
Yeah back in the eighties a national park cop on a bicycle rolled up and expressed their objection to me and a friend sipping a beer while fishing from the bank of the Potomac River. ;em

OK, Daksy is in...Patriot Guard is now gonna make sure that the Westboro Church doesn't call us fags......::-)

I hear they're working on their signs now . . . God hates Wood Burners! Wood Burners are going to hell! ;)

Yeah back in the eighties a national park cop on a bicycle rolled up and expressed their objection to me and a friend sipping a beer while fishing from the bank of the Potomac River. ;em

Could have been worse . . . you two could have been sipping a beer while fishing in the Reflecting Pool. ;)

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Has anyone checked for the weather projections? I'm wondering if the EPA will be downwind.

Prevailing wind here is out of the southwest so they will be downwind sometime during the event.

Reactions: stoveguy2esw
Could have been worse . . . you two could have been sipping a beer while fishing in the Reflecting Pool. ;)

Well there was that thing with me, Wilber Mills and Fanne Foxe in the Tidal Basin back in 1974. ;em

Many of us will be gathering at the Hilton Garden Inn after the tent - we are reserving a reception area and folks are invited to join us. This will be from about 8 to 10:30 - food and drink will be served, and even more food available (if what we provide is not enough, there is a full restaurant and bar menu)....

More info will be posted - but the place is really close (long walk or very short metro or cab ride)....
815 14th Street N.W., Washington, District of Columbia, 20005, USA
http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...inn-washington-dc-downtown-DCACHGI/index.html

That's a different Hilton garden than the one everyone is staying at. Is that correct?

Nope. Sure hope not. I don't want to have to go too far after the bar. :confused:

That's a different Hilton garden than the one everyone is staying at. Is that correct?

Nope - should only be one in DC unless I messed up... let me check my res.....
Yep - same place!
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Downtown
815 14th Street Northwest - Washington, DC 20005 US

Also a Subway right around the corner if you don't have a DC sized budget :)
R U sleeping in the bathroom there?
::-)

We are going to have finger food and snacks at the tent and then again at the reception. Not sure if I am spring for the roast beef carving setup, but no one is gonna go hungry if I can help it. Of course, if attendance blows away expectations, we are gonna have to scramble - but with the bar and restaurant right there, it should work out.

Funny story - but you had to be there. One time - around 1986, we attended the big Hearth Trade Show. Jotul had this big shindig with speakers and catered food - BUT, they planned poorly and they were very short. This was right after that #8 was introduced, so Jotul was going from being out of favor to being big again. So, by the time our crew got to the eats, there was nothing left but DIP. And one guy was actually eating dip!

We had a staff member who was funny as hell...and he started using the "dip eating" as a big joke for the entire night. We went in the elevator and saw some friends....he said "hey, did you go to the Jotul meeting, they had some fine dip there"...
:cool:
Within an hour he had picked up a Norwegian accent and was making more jokes and impressions about eating dip (to us and even to strangers in the hotel). I just remember that we all couldn't stop laughing.....we were on the floor and laughed so much it hurt!

Nope - should only be one in DC unless I messed up... let me check my res.....
Yep - same place!

You may have messed up. On the invite page you say this, with the link to the Hilton DC/ Capitol, on First street.

Some Hearth.com mods and folks will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in DC - it's mid-priced and well located.
http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...n-washington-dc-us-capitol-DCANMGI/index.html

So ground zero for all Hearth events is Hilton Downtown?

Man I want to go so bad..

You may have messed up. On the invite page you say this, with the link to the Hilton DC/ Capitol, on First street.

Some Hearth.com mods and folks will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in DC - it's mid-priced and well located.
http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/...n-washington-dc-us-capitol-DCANMGI/index.html

So ground zero for all Hearth events is Hilton Downtown?

Yes, the one at:

I confuse even myself........

It's only two stops away on the Metro - the event is at the Smithsonian stop, the Hotel:
"BLUE and ORANGE Lines: Stop at the MCPHERSON SQUARE station. Follow the signs towards 14th and Franklin Street exit. The hotel is located across the street."

Last edited:
Man I want to go so bad..
So make it getaway destination weekend. When was the last time you were in Washington? It's a great town with a endless list of sites to see. All built and maintained with our tax dollars.

And it is a pretty good bet that you will never get a chance to see a bunch of wood stoves burning on the National Mall ever again.

So make it getaway destination weekend. When was the last time you were in Washington? It's a great town with a endless list of sites to see. All built and maintained with our tax dollars.
I visited there in 76 or 77 when I was in the Navy..

I visited there in 76 or 77 when I was in the Navy..

We were on a White house tour when Ford was in office. Been back for work quite a few times but that's in and out.

We were on a White house tour when Ford was in office. Been back for work quite a few times but that's in and out.
Unfortunately I can't afford this right now.. I am a cash and carry kind of guy.. Just regraded the driveway, bought a new well pump with all brass fittings and had 150 gallons of oil delivered for hot water..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.