it's so cold outside, it would freeze the.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnRXL

Jan 7, 2013
Ontario,Canada
I'm sure you can finish the rest of that sentence. LOL. The pellet stove was cranked to maximum last night. It's been extra frosty these past few nights and it doesn't show any signs of letting up any time soon. Here's a snap shot of what it was this morning when I got up to go to work. IMG_00000057.jpg

Reactions: firebroad
Winter...the way it use to be...we are being told we have 2 weeks of sub 0° coming our way.. The last 2 winters have spoiled us....

10 below here in Piitsfield Ma this morning. My little P38 was chugging along at #4 ,keeping 1800 sq ft at 66 degrees during the night with some of that heat going up to the second fl which was at 60. Instead of cranking the stove higher, I turned up the furnace to warm it up a few degrees. The stove will hold it there for the rest of the day.

-6° @ my house this morning

Down in the tropics of Maryland, I got 1::F this morning. Come on down, stay warm...;lol

Warmed up to 2F but the winds hitting 40 plus . Can't see 50 yards. Because of holiday have not had mail delivery since Thursday.

Look at the bright side. At least you don't live here!

COLD.png

Local news this morning said it was -35 in Watertown, N.Y. it that is not with the wind chill factor figured in.....yikes! It was 11 here...and that's a heat wave compared to them.

I'm planning on not living were I am for long. Had problems with the freezer over two weeks ago and put the stuff outside in a cooler and have not worried about the food since. Freezer is fixed but just to lazy to haul contents back in.

I'm planning on not living were I am for long. Had problems with the freezer over two weeks ago and put the stuff outside in a cooler and have not worried about the food since. Freezer is fixed but just to lazy to haul contents back in.

I need to do this......not cause my freezer is broken but it needs to be defrosted.

If I were to change the scale to Celsius no one would leave the house:) Currently -22C with the wind chill of -35. Scary part is we wouldn't be above 0 for a week.

Reactions: boomhour
45*f here, I think I'll stay in OK. Its supposed to get down to 10* tonight and thats as cold as we ever get usually. Never below 0 and that usually happens 3-6 night each season. 67* forcast for Saturday. I need to dig out my bermuda shorts!

The cold is getting the better of me so I'm resorting to drastic measures. I'm in the process of redoing my bedroom ensuite and have part of my suspended ceiling apart in the basement. So I made a temporary channel for my heat to rise upstairs as my oil tank is running on low with these artic vortexes. Man oh man, I'm fed of winter and we still have a way to go still......I should of installed my Fahrenheit when I had a chance to do it, now I'm paying for it with oil.

Attachments

• P1030266.JPG
    P1030266.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 140
  • P1030264.JPG
    P1030264.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Here in Connecticut last night was single digits.had my p35i at at 5 setting till bed time then lowered to 3 while in bed. Still had to tacke my shirt off for bed lol.Had to turn her off to do my 7 day cleaning we are at 16 now and it's sunny. Got her on 4 now and house is cozy:)

Did someone say Global Warming?

Lol, I was just being a wise guy.

Reactions: joescho
Was -22 here early this morning, never got above zero today and now it's -8. The news reported that it was -36 on the thermometer in Canton this a.m.! The wind chill must have been somewhere between -40 and -50. Massena also broke a low record at -30 and that supposedly was official.

Status
Not open for further replies.