Its that time of year Loews Medford NY put out all there wood and pellets stoves. Green Team Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably going to be the same as the last few years. They start them high and after they are tired of sitting on them they start having the specials. I would say by Thanksgiving we will see them down to $4 sumthing a bag. I would hold on if you can! $5.98 isn't any deal this year.

You can get the price down a little more with a 10% coupon from the Lowe's site. Just fill out the recent moving coupon request and they will Email it to you. I just picked up 4 tons with the $150.00 in store off and used the 10% coupon, worked to $239.00 per ton. They did not want to take the coupon and the $150.00 discount at first, but I told them I would go down to Home Depot and they would take it. Changed toon real fast. For what it's worth I burned Greene Team last year in my Enviro with no problems, little ash and good heat.

Seems here on Long island, NY deals are tough to find. The cost and difficulty make it hard to bring the cost of pellets down. As far as I know their are no manufacturing plants. The big box stores are the cheapest. I know locally if I buy a ton at Loew's they will knock 10% off, bring the price down to about 273.50. If you go to the post office and request a change of address application there is another 10% off coupon inside. bringing it down to about 248.00 not including delivery. thats the best I can do. Open to suggestions

I have heard of poeple in other area's starting a coop. You would have to have some trusting freinds and a forklift though!

Demand for new stoves is very low, people are not buying, oil's cheap, gas is cheap, once people realize the work involved it isn't worth it, we'll see pellets under $150 by years end.
Sorry...the scam is OVER!!

Status
Not open for further replies.