It's the end of the month, how many bags did you use?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 bag per 20hours or so. On my third ton of chow this season. let it run empty on Friday's so I can take the cast iron panels out and clean the stove. big difference in heat between thursday night and the weekend.

I noticed an 18% increase when I filled out my spreadsheet this morning. Around my parts we have had 3302 hdd do far this season compared to 2785 hdd last season at this time. so far this year I am burning 1.07#/hdd. Last year I burned 1.03 #/hdd.

I use a 60 degree balance point.

Just curious, why did you choose 60° as your balance point? I keep my thermostat set at 68°, so I use that as my balance point. Since the first of November, my total HDD are 4508, with 1739 of them in January. Since late October, I have used a total of 44 bags. January was 18 bags.

Just curious, why did you choose 60° as your balance point? I keep my thermostat set at 68°, so I use that as my balance point. Since the first of November, my total HDD are 4508, with 1739 of them in January. Since late October, I have used a total of 44 bags. January was 18 bags.
I used 60 because when the temp outside is 60 or above, my house doesn't need to be heated. That is how hdd are calculated after all.

24 bags for Jan.

82 for the year plus about .5 - .75 cord of wood

Have 60 in the stash not enough to finish the year start stopping at local dealer once a week get 10- 15 bags to keep the stash above the 1 ton mark.

35 bags in January. 10 bags left of my 3rd ton.

59 bags in January -- 40 MWP Blend and 19 MWP Softies - that is 1.5#/Degree Day

My pellets are disappearing like the pellet pig van is parked outside. It's been cold and windy... well kinda'... 58::F on Monday, 12" of snow on Wednesday and -9::F on Thursday. Just a basic week in Wisconsin. Looks like about 5 ton for the season if the ground hog is right.

30 bags in January. 81 since October 1st. Keeping the house at mid 70 degrees. Using less than I planned which is great. Love not seeing that propane truck parked out front.

About 85 bags total?!?!? Messed up my count when I pulled my Hamstring (about a month ago).

My Son has been carrying pellets up. There is a chart where I mark what bag I took and tally the totals..... (So plus or minus 5 bags) :(

Last year I burned 105 bags (hair over 2 ton). Definitely colder this year :)

But I have burned about 1.5 cord of wood... Thought I burned less wood, but went and counted missing racks behind the garage :( Moving wood contributed to the Hamstring.
I just want to tell you that I have showed off your stack to about 15 people. When someone comes in my office and we get on the subject I am like "Oh hey you HAVE to check this guys stuff out!". You are my wood idol. Someday I will get where you are! I am so envious! Just wanted to compliment you and know that there are more than a few people in Idaho drooling over your set up.

As a side note I am originally from Ohio as well. Kent. I moved to Idaho in 2001.

For the month of January I burned 40 bags 20 cheat river, 10 hamer's, the rest a mix of chow and penningtons.
For the season I'm at 108 bags.
98 bags since last Sept. 17th

hi,
Jan 29 bags
all over 72 bags

29 in storage I think we will buy some more crabbs

32 bags and about a cord of firewood.

I just want to tell you that I have showed off your stack to about 15 people. When someone comes in my office and we get on the subject I am like "Oh hey you HAVE to check this guys stuff out!". You are my wood idol. Someday I will get where you are! I am so envious! Just wanted to compliment you and know that there are more than a few people in Idaho drooling over your set up.

As a side note I am originally from Ohio as well. Kent. I moved to Idaho in 2001.

Thank you.. My pellet stacks? Or wood stacks?

Wood stacks are in my Signature (Evolution of a Woodstack)

Thank you.. My pellet stacks? Or wood stacks?

Wood stacks are in my Signature (Evolution of a Woodstack)
Well I was referring to your wood stacks. But both really.

Reactions: DexterDay
Opening up bag 88 this evening!

Status
Not open for further replies.