It's the Red Green Show

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DBNH22

Feeling the Heat
Mar 17, 2013
NH
Has everyone seen the Canadian TV show "The Red Green Show?"

It's a Canadian comedy show about a goofball who's always making things out of junk he finds around his lodge.

There are lots of full episodes on youtube and I thought this kind of humor might be appreciated by those on this site.

Red Green Show

We've watched almost every show over the past couple decades. The kids loved them when they were growing up. So did we.

When I was 13 or so and we didn't have satellite TV, PBS was one of the few channels we got through the air that had anything worth watching on in late evenings. I loved that show!

He was an institution, a lot of fairly well known Canadian actors made cameos. There is even a full length movie.

It's one of the few things that both my wife and I find funny.

I didn't know there was a full length movie. I'll have to look for it.

He was an institution, a lot of fairly well known Canadian actors made cameos. There is even a full length movie.

Gordon Pinsent was hilarious in his appearances.

Years back when the middle son was in some kind of construction problem solving teamwork contest, 4 kids to a team with adult mentor which could not be a parent. I was keeping an eye on things and the kids were at a loss for a way to fasten something. Now you could not specifically point them in any direction they had to do it on there own. So all I said was "Red Green" and the cry went up "Duck tape" problem solved. Always liked that show tried to catch it when ever I could. I have a calender here of 365 days of Duck tape uses.

Reactions: osagebow
"if the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy"

edit: I dressed up one year as Red Green to take my kids trick-or-treating. Everyone thought I was Al Borland from Home Improvement.

Last edited:
"if the women don't find you handsome that should at least find you handy"

edit: I dressed up one year as Red Green to take my kids trick-or-treating. Everyone thought I was Al Borland from Home Improvement.
I found this segment particularly clever/funny: they 'tape' together the front ends of two front-wheel drive cars to build one with four wheel steering. The pulley linkage with bungees -- oh well, you have to see it.

Last edited:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy."

Edit, Bahhh, just saw where I missed this one above. Well, it's worth reading twice I guess.

The "Adventures with Bill" are hilarious.

Reactions: semipro
possum lodge crest.jpg

Red Green was a Saturday night staple after bowling for years. PBS yanked it for whatever reason?? I just seen it back in the line-up again. For awhile I had to get my R-G fix on youtube but not now.

Status
Not open for further replies.