Its the season for burning! Autumn in Melbourne. OZ

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hills Hoard

Minister of Fire
Mar 19, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
it looks as though Melbounre (OZ) is settling into a proper cold autumn after what can only be described as a long hot summer heat wave!...got the heater going tonight, and as usual i put in the hard work only to have the dog and the wife take the hot seat...:mad:.....fun times though...i have a beer going and am just enjoying building the fire up!!!...:)

Attachments

• lit.jpg
    lit.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 171
  • larger.jpg
    larger.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 165
  • going.jpg
    going.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 170
  • on.jpg
    on.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 170
  • happy times.jpg
    happy times.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 185
Looks cozy. What stove are you burning in? From what I can tell your temps are the same as we are having right now. Fire is quiet here. I need to reload the woodbox.

Great pics! Nice room, ...wine rack, music, fire, and a lovely bride. Life looks pretty damn good over there!

I will be glad to hand off the torch to you folks just starting the season. Now, if we could just get some heat around here.

Light up the barbie!

cheers guys. The heater is an Austwood. does a great job of heating the whole house. Didnt load it up last night as it wasnt that cold.But if it drops below 15 degrees i will fire it up. Whats that around 50 in your fahrenheit?

Was funny though I woke up on the couch this morning at 4AM. Wife and dog had left me!!!

cheers guys. The heater is an Austwood. does a great job of heating the whole house. Didnt load it up last night as it wasnt that cold.But if it drops below 15 degrees i will fire it up. Whats that around 50 in your fahrenheit?

Was funny though I woke up on the couch this morning at 4AM. Wife and dog had left me!!!

Darn you beat me to it but I was going to say what did the temp dip down into the 70s F? (Feels cold after 100F right?)

Reactions: Hills Hoard
After reading your post I was telling my wife how lucky you Aussies are having a burning season opposite most of the rest of us here at the Hearth web site. You get to enjoy our fires and track our woodstove stories all summer long down under reaping six months worth of vicarious enjoyment. Then when things wind down for us up north and we start to experience firewood withdrawal you get to start firing up your woodstoves! The wife said she thought you Aussies should be required to sign up ten other friends and neighbors before you can participate in the forum so we'd have more good woodstove stories to read during our summer months to equal things out. I agreed with her, but noted that you don't have as many people living down there was we have up here. In the end we decided you could at least round up some good story tellers and have them join the forum and make up some good posts for our summer months!

Reactions: Oldhippie
After reading your post I was telling my wife how lucky you Aussies are having a burning season opposite most of the rest of us here at the Hearth web site. You get to enjoy our fires and track our woodstove stories all summer long down under reaping six months worth of vicarious enjoyment. Then when things wind down for us up north and we start to experience firewood withdrawal you get to start firing up your woodstoves! The wife said she thought you Aussies should be required to sign up ten other friends and neighbors before you can participate in the forum so we'd have more good woodstove stories to read during our summer months to equal things out. I agreed with her, but noted that you don't have as many people living down there was we have up here. In the end we decided you could at least round up some good story tellers and have them join the forum and make up some good posts for our summer months!

i still want to see wood hoarding missions, splitting and stacking from you guys throughout my winter/you summer!

Reactions: ScotO
i still want to see wood hoarding missions, splitting and stacking from you guys throughout my winter/you summer!

Try the wood shed forum here. That's where you'll find this stuff.

But but but the wife says there's no more place to put it in the garden. Doggone small plot suburbs.

Tag, you're It now. ;)

I love the first fire of the season.

Nice looking pad there, HH. Looks like mum and the pooch are cozy on the couch! It's neat to see you guys are just starting your burning season, and we're just winding down here. BUT, that said, still lots of 'cold' weather in our forcast here in the northeast US. I figure around another month or so of evening/overnight fires before we shut 'er down for the summer....

Nice set up,I lived in Sydney for 10 years and realy appreciate the photos you posted, keep warm .

Status
Not open for further replies.