It's time for my first post

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByCo

Jan 29, 2011
Nebraska
I've been lurking and learning since January and decided that it's time to say hello and thank you for all the good advice.

Last October I bought a USSC Model 2400, the window stove, I've been happy with it so far. I read a lot of reviews for several of the US Stove models so I wasn't surprised when the igniter gave up the ghost in March. Two minutes on the phone and they were sending me a new one under warranty. I don't think I'll bother putting it in unless I decide to sell the stove sometime down the road. The only other problems I've had have been finding all the hidden places that I needed to figure out how to clean out to keep it happy.

Again, thank you for all the good advice. And, yes, I'm the same ByCo that posted the review on Northern Tool's web site.

No igniter? Do you just light it by hand and then run it on low?

I let the start cycle fill the burn pot with pellets and the put some starter jell on the pellets and use a grill lighter to light the jell and I'm off and running.

ByCo said:
I let the start cycle fill the burn pot with pellets and the put some starter jell on the pellets and use a grill lighter to light the jell and I'm off and running.

Very good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.