It's whats for supper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crazy_dan

Dec 26, 2007
Missouri
sorry couldn't resist the title name

Attachments

• doe1.1.jpg
    doe1.1.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 1,327
Yer gonna eat that rifle? :ahhh: Rick

That kind of weaponry is sort of like cheating - In Illinois, our gov't will only let us use slingshots and cars to hunt deer.

Fantasticly stiff. Is it frozen or has it been dead a long time? We get the ones with horns and they're much larger. We do use similar weaponry though.

Hang it up and get to work.

Fossil I might well have to see how bad the winter gets :)

Michael B. That is why I moved out of IL when I graduated High school and never looked back, It is kinda funny that I could hunt squirles with that rifle in your state but not deer.

Highbeam. It was too dark for photos by the time I got it taken care of the day I got it (photo are taken the next day). I like to let them hang for week if possible as I think they do taste better if allowed to that.

Michael B said:
That kind of weaponry is sort of like cheating - In Illinois, our gov't will only let us use slingshots and cars to hunt deer.

Come north. We've got lots of deer, and the bullets will soon be flying.

MEAT IS MURDER........ TASTY, TASTY MURDER !!!!

Here's a few we got 1st weekend.

Attachments

• 2008 Deer 1b.jpg
    2008 Deer 1b.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,097
  • downsized_1116081508a.jpg
    downsized_1116081508a.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 1,109
  • 2008 Deer 2b.jpg
    2008 Deer 2b.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,136
You guys got some nice ones!
I've got some good recipes for all that meat! lol
Congrats!
action-smiley-033.gif

Just finished processing mine. Had to put a couple steaks on the grill and try them. Um Um good

Attachments

• Image005.jpg
    Image005.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 932
  • Image002.jpg
    Image002.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 971
Well time to thaw out the last of my 07 backstraps. Gun season opens the Monday after turkey day.

Highbeam said:
Fantasticly stiff. Is it frozen or has it been dead a long time? . . ..

It's still alive . . . just playing dead. :) ;)

crs7300 said:
MEAT IS MURDER........ TASTY, TASTY MURDER !!!!

Here's a few we got 1st weekend.

So based on the pictures I'm thinking that the deer died from sniffing too much paint. :) ;)

Here's my first one this year from last Saturday. Nice to have some venison back in the freezer. I'll be making hot italian and breakfast sausage tonight with the trimmings!

Attachments

• deer.JPG
    deer.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 417
Hillbilly and Woodsman - Excellent bucks. Well done.

I got the attached baldy with the bow in early November. I had a group of a dozen doe around me during the rut, and no bucks to be found. Saw a monster the next day, but no shot opportunities. I took two more baldies with the gun last week, but I figured one garage floor pic was enough.

Attachments

• Doe110808v2.jpg
    Doe110808v2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 336
Although its not for dinner.

Attachments

• goo012306 094r.jpg
    goo012306 094r.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 357
Wow Bfunk, what's the story behind that!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.