I've decided on Pellets....opinions requested.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

md2002

Feeling the Heat
Oct 18, 2011
United States
Hello -

I've been testing Pellets for the past 2 weeks with the new stove. I've decided to go with the Linigetics hardwood. They seem to burn slower and hotter than the others that I tried, they were also the only pellets that stayed on all night while the stove was set to low. I'm getting the pellets from here.

http://pelletsdirect.com/09-10 Early Buy Pricing.htm

http://pelletsdirect.com/09-10 Early Buy Pricing.htm

Do the prices seem reasonable and are there any other's here you guys would recommend I should try? I have tried the Curren hardwood/ softwood mix, Green Gold premium Hardwood, Spruce Softwood and Geneva Hardwood. I burned about 2 bags of each as a test. To be honest I wasn't really sure what I was looking for except ash and heat. Although the Linigetics seemed hotter my only concern was that they had the most dust in the bag of all the others I tried. Is this a real concern?

Thank You

Your links do not work but if you're buying from Pellets Direct in Uxbridge, they have Barefoots in stock too. You should try those. Burns very hot with little ash. That's my favorite hardwood pellet this year.

Thanks, I'll try them. Don't know why the link doesn't work. If you cut and paste out should work. Thanks again.

Md2002 said:
Thanks, I'll try them. Don't know why the link doesn't work. If you cut and paste out should work. Thanks again.

The forum software mangles links that have spaces and some other characters in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.