I've got a good wife

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocephous

Oct 16, 2012
Smiley, NEPA
I received an early Christmas present from my wife today...she's a keeper.

Not the best pic, but it's an MS362.

I didn't have a chance to try it out today, and my work-week starts tomorrow, so I'll have to wait til Sunday to bury that chain in some nice ash.

StihlMS362.jpg

You have fun burying in that ash, nothing like a new saw!

Reactions: MasterMech
hahaha...cool presentation on her part.

Reactions: Nixon
Your going to love that saw!!!!!!! I have a 10 year old MS360,,, over 100 cords,,, still runs like new... never any problems! Try to go easy on it for the first tank or so,,, let her warm up too,,,not idling.

I'm jealous. You either dropped some hints, or she found the right salesman.::P

Reactions: n6crv
I'm jealous. You either dropped some hints, or she found the right salesman.::P

She gave the approval and I "pulled the trigger." I've been reading and researching this purchase for several months. We spent about an hour yesterday afternoon in a local shop that carries Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo. The salesman was very helpful and patient (I was choosing between the 562XP, 357XP, and the MS362), but I finally reached a decision.

We spent about an hour yesterday afternoon in a local shop that carries Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo

Wow, she spent an hour in a chainsaw store. That's on a par with me spending an hour at Cloth World...pure torture! Let her know you appreciate her sacrifice.

Wow, she spent an hour in a chainsaw store. That's on a par with me spending an hour at Cloth World...pure torture! Let her know you appreciate her sacrifice.

She's a good'n. She rarely asks me to go to populated areas, let alone clothing stores.

Yup,,,, power to weight ratio,,,, a very nice saw indeed! Makes cutting wood enjoyable! :)

Thats awesome I just bought one myself about 2 weeks ago . I have ran about 4 tanks through it and am very impressed .

She's a good'n. She rarely asks me to go to populated areas, let alone clothing stores.

Actually, Cloth World is much worse than a women's clothing store...they just sell fabric! (At least at a clothing store, you can hang around the lingerie department for grins.)

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Merry Christmas :)
Hard to tell the bar size, 20" ?

Nice saw. I like my MS290. I bet you are going to really like that!

Merry Christmas :)
Hard to tell the bar size, 20" ?

Merry Christmas to you, too.

It's got a 16" bar on it. I've been using an MS250 with a 16" bar for about 5 years now and rarely feel the need for a longer bar, just more power. I'll pick up a 20" bar in time for those times with it's needed. Any recommendations for a lightweight, sturdy bar? The 362 with the 20" bar at the dealer felt really front heavy.

I'm not sure how a little snowman like yourself can handle that thing, but you do look dressed for the cold :). Merry Jingletime.

I'm not sure how a little snowman like yourself can handle that thing, but you do look dressed for the cold :). Merry Jingletime.

It doesn't look like his arms are long enough to pull start it.

Reactions: Delta-T
She gave the approval and I "pulled the trigger." I've been reading and researching this purchase for several months. We spent about an hour yesterday afternoon in a local shop that carries Stihl, Husqvarna, and Echo. The salesman was very helpful and patient (I was choosing between the 562XP, 357XP, and the MS362), but I finally reached a decision.

Congrats on the saw. You are going to love it.

Yeah, I have a great wife too. I just go out and buy the tools I need and she never says boo about it. I think she knows I am pretty frugal and that with the tools I buy, I save enough in home repairs, auto repairs, landscaping costs, etc. that they all pay for themselves. If she got me a tool as a Christmas present, I think I would look at it the same way as me getting her a kitchen appliance for Christmas.

Now, my wife rarely ever goes with me to the hardware store, John Deere dealer, or Stihl dealer. Her staying there an hour while I look at chainsaws, now that will not be happening.

I to have a great wife!;)
I don't know my wife and I do spend time @ Tractor Supply!
I'm still trying to figure how I ended up with her!

great present merry christmas

NO YOU HAVE A AWSOME wife I get socks you get a chainsaw !!!!! Does she have a sister??

she's a Saint....

Status
Not open for further replies.