I've got a rock concert in my stove ;)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author="BrotherBart" date="1326010603"] ... Light shows are for rock concerts, not wood stoves. ... [/quote]

and bluegrass coming out of my speakers -- Blue Highway to be exact. Good weekend for light shows early and often. ;)

Blue Highway??? I thought I was the only one that still listened to that. My wife swears I am the only Dominican that actively listens to Bluegrass. EEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAWWWW.. My Englander NC30 is rocking right now.

KatWill said:
Blue Highway??? I thought I was the only one that still listened to that. My wife swears I am the only Dominican that actively listens to Bluegrass. EEEEEHHHHHHHAAAAWWWW.. My Englander NC30 is rocking right now.

Blue Highway is one of the best in my book. Picked up their latest, "Sounds of Home," at the Gettysburg Bluegrass Festival last August. Great way to unwind in front of the stove after a crazy week at the grind.

Country fan that can't stand bluegrass but since I loaded the 30 with 55 pounds of oak E/W for the night burn there was a little rock concert going on up top for a while tonight during the charring burn.

Kept hearing Van Halen yelling "Finish what you started." in my ears.

"I loaded the 30 with 55 pounds of oak "
Do you weigh your wood before you put it in the stove, I have not tried that yet.

oldspark said:
"I loaded the 30 with 55 pounds of oak "
Do you weigh your wood before you put it in the stove, I have not tried that yet.

Hadn't in a long time. But since the scale is on a table in the breezeway where the wood racks are I did tonight to see how much I was stuffing in this E/W load.

I have known for years that a full N/S load of oak is around fifty to sixty pounds.

You had to post that, I already loaded the stove with some big green ash splits and am now wondering what it weighed.

... and if you really getting going too often, then you get a pile of coals that has too be burned down before the overnight load. So much for the rock concert.

Status
Not open for further replies.