ive had it, im going stove shopping. hows the quadra fire 2100.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

perry

Burning Hunk
Feb 14, 2008
auburn hills, michigan
hi all. i am new to the forum and looking for a new stove to replace the piece of crap one i bought last year. ok im ready for you guys to give me a bashing. i bought the U.S stove king from a TSC store on sale for $400. what a mistake. been nothing but a headache since day one.
banghead.gif

anyways i want to get a new stove and been trying to do my research. i live on a 5acre wooded lot and do my own wood cutting & splitting. i have a old 1970's earth stove with a automatic damper control in my garage/shop and it works awsome. use's very little wood and keeps the shop toasty.

i am lookin to spend around a $1000.
my furnace runs off propane and is costly. i am not looking for 24/7 heat, just something to take the edge off but will be used almost daily.
my house is 1200 sq ft ranch. the stove sits in a 15 x 15 ft living room with a large opening to the 15 x 15 kitchen / dineing room. the 15ft hallway is open with no archway and runs back to the three bedrooms.
i just want a stove that i have some control of and is going to work decent. i was looking at the volgzang highlander untill i found the quadra fire 2100. the highlander is prombaly cheap and scares me. what do you'all think about the quadra 2100 ?. or could you give me some suggestions on other brands. thanks....perry in freezing cold michigan.

here is the ungodly scary nightmare stove that i have now
woodstove001-1.jpg

Maybe look into an Englander 13-NC while you're at it.

What are the current problems with the US Stove?

Hi I have the Quadrafire 3100 and find it to be a very good quality, well heating and easy to use stove. However the 3100 price was $1300. You may also want to invest in an outside air kit for whatever stove you buy. The Englader stoves under another name I believe at Home Depot and Lowes apear to be of similar desighn and are hundreds less expensive. But I am still very happy with my Quad.

BeGreen said:
Maybe look into an Englander 13-NC while you're at it.

What are the current problems with the US Stove?

for starters it is a epa exempt cheap stove. there is no air intake control, the damper on top is a joke, and i have to constantly clean the chimney about every 3 weeks. if you try and build a decent fire it starts to pulsate / flashing or like its breathing. makeing a womp, womp , womp sound. this stove also and it burns the wood up fast. we just have real small fires in it now for a little heat. but the stove is mostly for looks. i have been running a wood stove in the garage for about 10 yrs and never had any promblems. just do my spring chimney cleaning. i installed the same name brand chimney and style in both the garage and house. when i first installed the us stove in the house we had small fires and i was just taken precations being that it was in my home. but it does'nt matter what i do i can not get the stove to perform well. i burn the same wood in both stoves. is it normal for the fire bricks to crumble after 1 year?.
oh! and where abouts should the pipe thermametor be on the black pipe?.

is the englander the one they sell at home depot ?. i saw it yesterday and it looked cheap to me. but i did not research it. thanks for the fast reply.....perry

I really like my 2100, though I doubt it would heat your entire space, as you describe it, unless it's super-insulated. You might step up to a 3100. The Quads are outrageously efficient. I HIGHLY prefer front-to-back burners (N/S) and the 2100 is a good one. I have the ACT version, which I don't think they make any more. I'm not crazy about the automated control the newer ACC version has, but others here like their ACC's...

oh ya my chimney is 6" selkirk double wall galva.

I have a small 1100sf ranch and I heat primarily with my freestanding Quadrafire 3100. So far, I've been very happy with it. I can burn it through the night, although not at 400deg stack temp, it's usually a 6-7 hour burn that is down to hot embers and easily relit in the morning.

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.