I've Never Seen Free Wood like this Before

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we lived in Md. 4 yrs ago , Baltimore area I could find all the free wood i wanted. Local tree guys give most of it away due to they get charged for dumping it at the mulch yards.
I never paid for wood up there at all. I had hooked up with a tree service company they called me 2 times a month.

Reactions: teutonicking
heard that same joke over 30 years ago - instead of straw it was sand.;lol

Reactions: Realstone
Just sent this to the ann Arbor ad

can clean the wood up on Monday and have it all gone by the afternoon, no personal cheques, ill only take cash

Looks like a scam ad, but it could be a camp ground that sold the property and needs to get rid of the wood.

When we lived in Md. 4 yrs ago , Baltimore area I could find all the free wood i wanted. Local tree guys give most of it away due to they get charged for dumping it at the mulch yards.
I never paid for wood up there at all. I had hooked up with a tree service company they called me 2 times a month.

Here's the other ad they put up. http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/zip/4023071582.html Looks like you're right.. if someone doesn't take it, they're going to pay someone to take it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.