I've officially been volunteered

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmonSTART

Minister of Fire
Well, some know I started a new job this month running the lawn and garden/equipment department of a local store. It's getting better the more work I do. The store also sells a lot of wood and pellet stoves from Englander, Regency, and Napoleon. Because I burn wood and hang out here, I'm able to answer questions about various stoves customers have. Well, this week Stoves were officially transferred to me as part of what I do. Yeah. What's a little more work and studying.

Not really much of a point to this post I guess.... just thinking out loud.

(Then again, do I ever have a point?) :cheese:

Congratulations man.. Iwill come down and visit you in NH for my next tax free wood stove. I need one for the barn.

Congrats !!!

Next it'll be splitters, etc ;-)

Go with it !!!

Sounds like a "win/win" !

This seems like the job was made for you. I suspect your customers will gain much more confidence in their purchase when buying from you. We all know what that is like, wondering if we made the right choice after buying something important.

Congratulations on having an employer with sense enough to put the right guy at the right job. It will be a big blessing for the customers.

Congratulations I'm sure you'll do a most excellent job.

I hope you get a raise as a result of the added responsibility . . .

Sounds like a good move cmonStart, you'll be a popular guy. Best of luck and success in the new position.

Adios Pantalones said:
Congrats- but remember- when you let people know that you can do something, they'll make you do it :)

I can drink beer by the gallons, anybody have a use for this talent? :cheese: (oh, and I might know a thing or two about a thing or two).

Well done, as I may drive over and see you just to talk stoves! Congratulations!

Good luck and good selling!

Oh my gosh, a retail store with someone who knows something about what they are selling! What a refreshing idea! Let's hope this idea spreads! I'm tired of salespeople who are clueless.

Congratulations and good luck. I predict you will have a busy season if your store has enough in stock.

Ken

Ken45 said:
Oh my gosh, a retail store with someone who knows something about what they are selling! What a refreshing idea! Let's hope this idea spreads! I'm tired of salespeople who are clueless.

Congratulations and good luck. I predict you will have a busy season if your store has enough in stock.

Ken

Amen brother . . . pretty sad when you walk into a store (any store for that matter), start talking to the salesman and within a few minutes realize that the time you spent researching on the item has made you more knowledgable than the salesman . . . whether this be on a woodstove, TV, car or even a toaster oven. I can't tell you the number of times I have had this experience . . . conversely it's quite nice to walk into a place and find someone who has more knowledge than you do or can at least answer your questions and seem to know what they're talking about (in general these are the folks I tend to want to buy my items from vs. Joe the Drone who can only tell you what he can read off the label or carton.

Oh yeah, congratulations cmonstart . . . at least I think it's congratulations.

Ken45 said:

Ken

Easy.. no so fast there.. Remember, I'm just a semi informed hobbyist - not a true professional (installer, sweep etc).

Yeah, but you've actually burned wood! No joke, our installers had installed their own stoves, but between them they had burned a total of 3 fires (the boss had never lit up his stove).

cmonSTART said:
Ken45 said:

Ken

Easy.. no so fast there.. Remember, I'm just a semi informed hobbyist - not a true professional (installer, sweep etc).

There's the problem; you sounded like you knew what you were talking about and now you're in charge. This'll teach you to go shooting off your mouth!! ;-)

This will look good during your annual review. Are you actually going to be doing sales or just managing?

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.